“BAD customer service”

Heffley Boutique Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Sun Peaks
Reviewed 19 June 2016

I just tried to confirm amenities by phone as I was about to book on line. I explained that I had a dog with me and he said, no dogs. I was sad as I was settled on staying with them based on the online image they portrayed. I asked the man on the phone where I could book at Sun Peaks that would accept dogs. He said, may the Grand or the Coyote but I'm busy helping guests and he hung up immediately. RUDE!!!! I worked hotels in front desk, reservations, catering and group sales for years and I have NEVER been treated so rudely. Explain yourself, Heffley Boutique!!!!

Room Tip: DON'T bother calling if you want customer service and an actual human being on the phone.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
101local, General Manager at Heffley Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2016

As you said, you researched us online as we portray ourselves. So you already knew, that we do not accept pets. You further revealed yourself as former hotel front desk employee. I explained to you politely "I am very sorry we don't accept pets" at least 4 times but you just did not accept this for an answer, even though you already knew that we don't accept pets. After I gave you some nearby pet friendly hotel options I had to end the call and attend to the real guests standing in front of me. If you interpret this as hanging up or being rude there is not much I can do about it. I hope I could help you and you found a pet friendly hotel.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

We arrived late and the resort was quite full so we didn't have too many options without a reservation. Although the place is a bit outdated (especially the furniture), the lady at the reception was very welcoming and our experience was a positive one.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
101local, General Manager at Heffley Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2016

Thank you for you comment, as family operated business we try our best to feel you welcome and make your stay as comfortable as possible. Manfred General Manager

Reviewed 10 March 2016

we stayed here for a week -long ski vacation and weren't disappointed. We booked the reservation through Hotels.com and got a very attractive rate (although the taxes in B.C. are brutal, to say the least). We arrived about 10:30pm to find an envelope on the front desk with our room key, and a message that we could check-in in the morning. The room was very spacious, with a kingsize bed, and a pull-out couch. The kitchenette had basic supplies for 4 people...our only complaint would be the lack of a non-stick frying pan. We used the hot tub the first day, but for the rest of our stay it wasn't hot enough (temp dropped) so we avoided it. The wifi was quite flaky and we were constantly getting bumped off the network...frustrating. Parking is $8.50 nightly outside, and $20 for underground. Overall we were generally satisfied with our stay and would return again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for you comment, as family operated business we try our best to feel you welcome and make your stay as comfortable as possible. We do look forward to hosting you again. To get the most economic rate - call us direct - we match every price. Manfred General Manager

Reviewed 6 January 2016

The big advantage you have in that hotel and restaurant, is the personal service of the owners ! They make you feel welcome any time and look after your well being, so that your holydays will be unforgettable for ever.
They also have a Mexican Restaurant and a lovely boutique, where you can find authentic South American hand made fashion which keeps your body healthy and happy.

Room Tip: Manfred and Maritta, the hotel owners are any time ready to give you the best room for you.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
101local, Owner at Heffley Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2016

Thank you for your review. As owner manager, we are always looking after our guest the best we can. Manfred

Reviewed 6 December 2015

I always loving staying with Manfred and Marita when I visit Sun Peaks. The Heffley Boutique is has so much character and is spotlessly clean. It is right in the heart of the beautiful village. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words. As owner manager, this is what we are living for. Manfred