Review Highlights
The mighty minke whale provided for a wonderful journey

We were two couples out for a day to see some whales and that is what we got…. and then some... read more

Reviewed 6 July 2022
3galsontour
New York City, New York
Can't beat the Cap!

We had an amazing time with Brandon and his son Grady. We brought FOUR kids ages 1-7 on board and... read more

Reviewed 7 August 2021
S2721RJashleya

All reviews mackerel fishing his son minke whales sea birds brandon campobello lighthouse
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 August 2016

I took my child and elderly parent to go on a whale watching tour with Captain Riddle. It was recommended by the owner of the place we stayed at. We booked it the day before and everything was set. We waited an hour past the time he said he would pick us up, only to find out the boat that came then from his company said he knew nothing of the booking. I called the office and the woman who answered had several excuses and lies but the fact remained they/captain Riddle screwed up and never showed up. The lady who recommended him called him because she said out of 5 recommendations she made to people who stayed at her establishment, he has been a no show to 3...very poor. She said he would give us a tour the next day free of charge because of his screw up and the difficulties it caused my elderly parent standing there for an hour in the heat for him not to show, not to mention my child who was very sad and disappointed. The lady of where we were staying also cancelled another couple's whale watching tour with another company and booked them with our tour. Well the next morning came...he was suppose to pick us up at 9am but he phoned the B and B not long before 830am to say he had to cancel...some excuse given about his boat was what we were told....nothing wrong with the boat I am sure. He told the land lady of the B and B he would arrange with another company for us.....it was our last day of the trip....there was no trust in him arranging anything and as he wasted our last two days of our trip, we were not going to believe he had something arranged when he had already been a no show twice....and other times for other people. Very poor and unprofessional and would never recommend him. It was my elderly parent's only chance to go whale watching and he took that away,...unforgiveable.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 29 September 2015 via mobile

Similar to another review, we drove up from Portland to go whale watching, visit the eastern most point in the US and enjoy the drive. Unfortunately our reservations never made it onto the calendar even though we followed up 2 days prior. While Capn Riddles did seem very apologetic, it was pretty disheartening. If you visit I would not plan your trip around this activity as it threw off our plans for the whole day. I'm sure it is a fun tour if you make our aboard.

Date of experience: September 2015
1  Thank 3ternalist
Reviewed 4 September 2015

Great day on the water! It was the best day of the summer. We arrived early and he was ready with a smile and eager to help us load. We luckily saw several whales, porpoise, Eagles and seals, he would stop for great photo opportunities and the boat was perfect with its cover to keep us shaded from the sun. He stopped to let us catch mackerel and even cleaned them for us once we arrived back at the dock. PERFECT DAY! We will be back!

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed 31 August 2015

In July of 2015 my borfriend and I decied that we should go deep see fishing as he has never been. We called and booked ahead and we were to go out for 1:00pm that day. We left our house at 8:00am to get there on time, 12:15pm we arrived at their "office" no one there, that was fine as we were early. We then drove around the island for about 20 minutes, came back still no one there. On the window there was a phone number to call for reservations, we called it and we could hear the phone ringing in the office where there was absoulty no one. At this point it is about 1:15pm and the boat was to leave at 1:00pm.

So that day altogether we drove 8 hourse spent 48.00$ in fairy tolls and a full tank of gas and no one showed up.

Date of experience: July 2015
8  Thank Kelley O
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Already reviewed elsewhere but he deserves a second ..... We appreciated a small boat that could get up close to the whales and could turn on a dime to follow them. He really tried hard to find me the fin back, 2nd largest whale but it was no where to be found. He could not have tried harder. I'd go out with him again.

Date of experience: August 2013