All reviewsearly morning flightfull kitchenone nightcabinaccommodationsbedroomnewfoundland
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We had a short stay here before and early morning flight. When I booked it the price was much lower compared to other places in town, I was worried this would say something about the quality it didn’t. It was like having your own one bedroom apartment. The decor is modern, the suite was clean, loved the couch so comfortable!

Check in process was easy, in and out in under 5 minutes. The lady who helped us was so nice! I love the layout of the bathroom it was super convenient! I can’t say enough good things about this place it’s charming, elegant and everyone should stay here. We will be back ! Thanks for a fantastic stay !

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Spud Suites had everything we needed for our overnight in Deer Lake. Close to grocery store, pharmacy and bank. The suite was clean and the kitchen had everything we needed. We did not try the restaurant.

My only complaint is the very creaky floor as mentioned in at least one other review, but this was really only an issue in the morning because I like to sleep in and my husband gets up early.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

The room was a decent size and comfortable, the bathroom small but serviceable, the owner was extremely friendly and helpful, and everything was clean (except some cookware we had to wash before using), my rating would be better except the very nice laminate floor was installed incorrectly and it was very noisy to walk on, it was funny at first but became very annoying, if they can find a fix for this it would be great.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Quaint, cute, cottage like cabin. The owner is very friendly. The kitchen was fully equipped. They even had Togo cups for coffee. However, the bed was terrible. It was crinkly and noisy anytime someone moved and it wasn't comfortable at all.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
kay-steve123, Owner at Spud Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback, however on your opinion of the bed...different people like different beds that is very common although your the first to review this one so badly and we have seen hundreds come and go.
I looked over your booking and even saw you booked in at our value price of $120.00 per night which is a fairly unheard of price for a full apartment with a full equipped kitchen 42' tv, full living room, separate bedroom, on-site laundromat and take-out eatery so I'm very confused as you did not see value for money spent.
I did respond to your booking.com review as well and when I saw you went out of your way to give us another comparable review on a different site I now understand that instead of contacting us when you were unhappy you stuck it out purposely so you can leave such reviews.
We are a very small family run business, not a cooperation so unfortunately for us our reviews mean a lot. Newfoundland is a very small place...spectacular but accommodations, amenities and services within communities are very limited. The more reviews little small businesses get from unsatisfied people who could have been easily satisfied if owners were given a chance to rectify any issues the more businesses will end up shutting down over time leaving even less here for people to see and do when they come.
In the future please try to speak with owners and managers on issues, if they do not wish to make you happy then of course they deserve bad feedback.
Thank you for visiting we strive for the best customer experience and service we are able to provide!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed our last night in Newfoundland as we had a early morning flight home from Deerlake, it was nice to have a cabin , very relaxing, clean, staff were great , got lots of information from owners Mom, on things to se and do while there. .

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple