Clarenville Inn(Clarenville)
Restland Motel(Clarenville)
TripAdvisor
St. Jude Hotel(Clarenville)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfishers loftfishers' loftdining roomskerwink trailseveral buildingstrinity bayhalibuthill overlookinggreat hikingrocking chairstrail mixtwo nightsfine diningbonavista peninsulaseparate buildingfor salepair of binoculars
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We try to stay here every time we visit Newfoundland and we keep coming back! It is a family-run business with local, super friendly, helpful staff. Wonderful food - fresh home grown salad and veggies whenever possible; fresh baked scones and muffins at breakfast; warm freshly baked bread at dinner and interesting preparations of traditional Newfoundland food. A good selection of wines. There is no bottled water - it comes from the well on site and is delicious.
Rooms and beds are comfortable, furnished in good quality, traditional Newfoundland style and are situated in several traditional style buildings.
The dining room views of the bay are lovely and, if you are lucky, you can watch the whales play while you are eating.
This is definitely not a cookie-cutter type of place - it is unique, charming and highly recommended for a quality Newfoundland experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet because of the location. Ask for an ocean view room.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2017

This hotel sits on the top of the hill with amazing views of the bay. There is a Scandinavian influence in the rooms. The grounds are filled with gorgeous gardens including flowers and herbs and greens for the restaurant.
I was expecting a king suite. To me that meant a king bed and a separate living area. The bed was a queen.
Everything was immaculate.
I have a very sensitive sense of smell. So this may not bother everyone. The bedroom smelled musty to me. The bedding smelled old and I think it might be due for a change.
We were in Room #9 which was adorable. If, however, you are tall (I am 5'8") it will be difficult to navigate through the rooms of this loft without bumping your head. I did hit my head several times going from room to room. If had been staying more than two nights I would have requested a change.
The hotel is convenient to everything in Trinity and Bonavista.

Room Tip: Not #9 unless you are short.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2017

We reserved at Fisher's Loft on a recommendation from friends. We found the property and the area to be beautiful. An iceberg in the bay was a huge bonus, as was the discovery trail at our doorstep! Our room was a treetop room which meant we didn't face the water which we were aware of but was still disappointing. It was small but very very comfortable and had every little thing you could imagine needing - like binoculars, walking stick, high end soaps etc. The downfall for us was the price of the food. We decided to spend the $60/person on the evening meal - which that day was halibut which we both love. The appies and wine were wonderful but the halibut was over cooked and very very dry. Our very polite young waitress must have known there was a problem because she never did ask us how we enjoyed our meal. When signing our bill, I did say that the fish was less than enjoyable and was overcooked. She said "yes, the chef is aware of this as we heard it many times this evening". That was it, no offer to reduce the cost or anything. The next morning we went for the breakfast. It was very nice but not anything special and certainly not $20/person. Upon checking out and receiving our bill of $549. , it took any of the pleasure I had for the place immediately away. This amount was for one night, a dinner ( that they were aware was far less than perfect) , a breakfast ( that was nice but not special) and one bottle of wine. I even told the nice woman at check out that we were not happy with the evening meal and she asked if we had told our waitress. I said "yes" - she shrugged.
I would have thought that some sort of discount would have been offered especially to their own guests (public can come to their restaurant). This did not happen and therefore they get a thumbs down rating and as beautiful as the surroundings were I would recommend travellers to find accommodation and food elsewhere. The whole Trinity area is beautiful so there are alternatives.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank looking_for_sun_2011
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Room was good and the view was to die for. It was quiet serene and well appointed. We stayed two nights and had a meal in the restaurant and would highly suggest trying the restaurant.

This inn is highly attractive to stay in so booking well in advance is highly suggested.

The reviews are accurate and you should stay here .

Well worth the money.

Breakfast and supper were great. Book early for supper if you wish to partake.

Room Tip: Stay in the rooms above the business center facing the ocean views were fantastic.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Charming, comfortable roomy rooms. Lovely dinning room. Views to die for!! Small touches--room binoculars, hiking sticks. Reading lights next to the bed where guests can really read. Nearby Skerwink Trail--easily accessed. We hated to leave. Worth the cost.

Room Tip: Ground floor like ours is probably best. Driveways to the many buildings are dirt roads and up and down hills. Part of the charm.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple