US$209
US$141
Smugglers Cove Inn(Lunenburg)(Great Value!)
US$111
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

US$118
Rum Runner Inn(Lunenburg)(Great Value!)
US$137
  • Restaurant
Homeport Motel(Lunenburg)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$92
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgraves islandprovincial parknova scotiachester areaocean mistwonderful hostsgolf clubhighly recommend this b bwonderful propertyblueberry pancakesoverlooking the watermemorable weekendrecommend it highlyother guestsevery morninghome madeeast coast
Reviewed 17 May 2017

A great first experience at a Bed & Breakfast.. Gray Gables is a beautifully decorated and comfortable home overlooking Graves Island. A weekend is not long enough for all there is to see and do in the Chester area.Our weekend was a girls getaway and this was a perfect spot. The rooms are beautifully decorated, with comfortable beds, the Jacuzzi was big enough to accommodate all 6 of us !! There are games & cards in a separate sitting room close to the bedrooms for all the privacy you would want. There is a huge covered deck to sit and have coffee in the morning and take in the breathtaking view of the property and beyond. The breakfast Jacqui made us was spectacular, more than we could have imagined, with a special touch of home made chocolate dipped strawberries, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, juice, and the blueberry Bellini was yummy !! On our bed was a gift bag of home made snack mix & chocolates !! So yummy !!! Jacqui really puts her heart into making her guests feel comfortable. Thanks for a memorable weekend Jacqui !

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Well where do I start! This is my first B & B and I have to say it was amazing. Jacqui and Dave were the most gracious of hosts. The décor is beautiful the bedrooms are bright and comfortable with a tv and fireplace for the colder nights. Our breakfast was amazing compliments to the chef ( Jacqui ). there was plenty to do around the site with the park just down the hill and the views of the water.
The pictures are exactly like they show. I can not wait to return. Thank you for a most memorable weekend.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Just a fabulous location.
The inn has a fantastic view and fantastic hosts to match. You will certainly enjoy the Graves Island provincial park just a cross the way. Chester is home to great antiques, gastromony, play house and yachts!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2017

I wish I had of found Gray Gables sooner! Lovely Stay! Lovely View! Lovely People! Thanks so much David & Jacqui! You definitely went Above & Beyond expectations! Thanks so much for everything! pamela :)

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2016

My husband and I booked a room via e-mail, at this place in June 2016, and our reservation was confirmed in June, by e-mail, for Sept 16-18 in the Lighthouse room. We travelled from another province to Nova Scotia to attend a wedding. We arrived at the Grey Gables mid afternoon and went inside and Jacqui greeted us by saying "where is the other couple travelling with you?" We told her we were alone and she looked rather confused and asked us if we wanted to rent a room. We told her we had one and again she was confused and asked if we had a reservation. We showed her our confirmation e-mail listing the dates and the room reserved. She looked shocked and said let me check my bookings. She left us standing there in the hallway, no offer to sit down or have a refreshment while she left us, and came back about five minutes later and said someone had called and cancelled the room!!!!!!!!!! She became belligerent when we said we had not cancelled the reservation and she said I'm trying not to call you a liar!!!!!!!!!!! The only contact we had with her was via e-mail and if someone HAD cancelled the reservation; why did she not e-mail us with a confirmation of the cancellation. I personally think she forgot about our reservation and booked the room twice and was not a big enough person to admit her mistake.. My husband asked if they had any room available and she said she had a room for that night but she didn't think we should stay there because we didn't seem very happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have stayed at many places in my life but I have NEVER been treated with such a complete lack of apology, remorse over the mistake or offer of any kind, to correct the situation in any way whatsoever. This woman seriously needs to rethink her ability to manage an establishment such as this.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
jacquidave, Owner at Gray Gables Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2016

To all future guest: This is not true and in seven years I have not missed a booking. I double up on everything. These were not guests and never got past my front door. They were demanding and pushy. They seemed to have been fighting before hand and decided to take their frustrations out on me. I was having no part of it and even though I had an available room I asked them nicely to leave. If they would have stayed any longer I would have called the police and had them removed.