All reviews next door breakfast room halifax airport cookies cinnamon rolls pancake machine yogurt parking lot shuttle service next morning free breakfast beds were comfortable free shuttle no surprises nova scotia cape breton great customer service
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This hotel does its job. It is convenient to the airport. Has a good shuttle service. Is clean.

However overall I would nevertheless grade it as 'mediocre'. It is rather a plastic kind of design. However I have also had extended discussions with the staff ~ and management ~ and was left with the distinct impression that this place goudges every possible nickel that it can from its clientele. And it is that attitude, and that approach ~ not balanced by service or a helpful attitude ~ that leads to my assessment of 'mediocre'. It does the job. But that is all.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
KarenKingsleyGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Mike B, I am not sure what took place during your stay that made you feel as though the staff including management were not helpful or that they did not provide you with the appropriate level of service but I sincerely apologize. I assure you that we do not intend to or feel as though we are gouging or clientele. We are in a very competitive market and we price ourselves with that market. I apologize again if you were made to feel that way by any of our team.
If you so wish to discuss anything with me directly please do not hesitate to reach out to me at kkingsley@hiehalifaxairport.com.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

My colleague and I are put in this hotel for a month long training in Halifax. This hotel is located pretty close to the airport and that's where our training is. So our company decided to book this hotel for us. This hotel is in the middle of no where. So you have to drive at least 15-20mins to go to the nearest town for shopping or food etc. The front desk staff are excellent with their customer service skills. They are always greeting everyone, always smiling and always polite. The check inn was really quick and smooth. The hotel itself is maintained very well by the staff. The hallways are clean and the elevators are always clean.

The rooms are suite type room with a living area as soon as you open the door, then the washroom and then the sleeping area. The rooms are very spacious and clean. A big kudos to the housekeeping staff. They're wonderful. Both the living room area and the bedding area have 2 big flat screen tv's with ample channels to keep you entertained. The room is equipped with a sofa bed, work desk, coffee/tea maker, ironing stand and iron, a hairdryer in the washroom and all the amenities. The washroom is very spacious with enough supplies and amenities.

The beds are extremely comfortable(very high too). The pillows are wonderful. The sleep quality was amazing and the comfortability is awesome. The heater worked really well. The water pressure in the shower is awesome and very rejuvenating. The room did have microwave, a mini fridge, and ample glasses.

Overall it's a beautiful hotel. Very well maintained and clean. The breakfast had various choices with different varieties of eggs everyday. They had sausages, eggs, pancakes, choices of breads/bagels and muffins etc. The staff at the breakfast is awesome too. They're always replenishing the food and very well maintained breakfast room. The cheese omelette was really tasty and the sausages are tasty as well. The coffee/ tea are in the breakfast room 24/7. The coffee is very good too. The hotel does have a self laundry facility and also an indoor pool(which we haven't been to yet).

The only negative thing I would day is the speed of Wi-Fi. When you're on the bed, the Wi-Fi extremely slow, however if you were to sit on the sofa by the door, then it works really well. So when you want a good WiFi, you have to be sitting by the door and not in the bed area. The hotel next door has a dine-in restaurant just invade if you need lunch or dinner. It's an excellent hotel by the airport. Very well maintained with awesome staff. The rooms are very quiet and sound proofed well. The hotel is extremely clean and the rooms are spacious. A big kudos to the all the staff who are running this hotel very well.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
KarenKingsleyGM, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you so much SERAN78 for your wonderful review of our property. I appreciate all of your kind works and thank you for taking the time to write them. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and all of our amenities. I do apologize for the WIFI speed but you will be happy to hear that we have just switched providers and hope to have the finishing touches complete within the next few weeks.
I do hope that you get the opportunity to stay with us again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Room was great as well as the shuttle to and from airport. The only complaint was the quality of the frozen lunch we had to get because of late arrival. Ten dollars for two frozen lunch that w re freezer burnt, was too much. We did not complain as it was a long day and were tried. We would go back but will make sure to buy a lunch before.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank y0ungc46
KarenKingsleyGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

y0ungc46, I am glad that you found the room and the shuttle service to be great. Unfortunately being an "Express" property we do not have a full service restaurant. I apologize that your meal from our express pantry was not appealing and you found it to be too expensive. Please allow me to correct this for you by reaching out to me with your name and date of stay. My email address is kkingsley@hiehalifaxairport.com, I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel before our flight last week. Front desk was SO rude to both me and my mother on 2 different occasions. Tried to tell me my credit card was denied in front of others and was so rude about it. Check in took nearly an hour because I had to call my cc company to prove it was fine. Turns out it was their system and we didn't even get an apology! Will NEVER stay there again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
KarenKingsleyGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

NS141414, I am so sorry that you received such horrible service from our team. I was not made aware of the situation but if you could provide me with some details I would be more that happy to find out what the issue was. Could you please contact me at kkingsley@hiehalifaxairport.com with your name, dates of stay and a way to contact you?
I will be sure to make this right for you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Upon check in the front desk agent was very rude and blunt. Didn’t explain anything about the hotel for example he didn’t mention where the pool was located, when the breakfast hours were, and when I asked where the parking was for long term his response was “just over there” in a very blunt tone so I felt as if I was a burden if I asked for for in depth directions. When I asked how the shuttle works he made no sense and gave horrible info. I went down later on and spoke to the woman and she was a lot more easy to speak with and gave good information. The room itself was clean and beds are comfortable. I find it crazy how they charge for the warm water when I’ve stayed at many hotels where it’s complimentary. And about the wifi, don’t even bother connecting. You can’t even load a normal page on the internet it’s absurd. Won’t be staying here again

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
KarenKingsleyGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Aiden V, I am very sorry that our guest service agent did not make you aware of our amenities or their locations. We have some very new guest service agents and we will work with them closely to ensure that they give our guests the service that they deserve. I apologize in regards to our WIFI connection as well. We are working on this diligently and we realize how important a good connection is for our guests.

If you wish to discuss these matters with me directly please do not hesitate to email me at kkinglsey@hiehalifaxairport.com or call me at 902-576-3285.