Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport
US$135
US$134
US$120
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$142/night.

US$74
US$119
US$109
Delta Hotels
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$157/night.

Esquire Motel(Bedford)
US$68
US$71
All reviewshalifax airporthi expressshuttle servicefree shuttlepancake machinenext morningfull service restaurantan early flightan overnight stayyogurtbreakfast roombeds were comfortablelate arrivalcheck in was quicknova scotiafree breakfasttim hortons
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel to stay after our vacation down south. Our flight was not getting in untill 2am and by the time we went through customs and stuff we didn't want to drive the 3 hours home. While in the Dominican we found out at 5pm that our flight was going to be delayed because of all the bad weather happening in Toronto. We basically found this out while walking to the entrance to get changed and ready for our flight home. They told us we were going to be moving to another resort and the bus was coming for us at that very moment. We didn't even have time to change. So an hour or 2 later we were at the new resort and have checked into our room for the night. The new resort only had wifi at the pool. So I had to find the pool get ahold of people from back home and make arrangements for my son and dog because we weren't going to get back to Nova Scotia till later the next day. I also asked my sister and my travel agent to contact the hotel to tell them we were delayed and weren't going to make it there that night. So they inform us that it's non refundable (which they did tell us at the time we dropped our car off) and basically they would do absolutely nothing for us, no discount no money towards another stay absolutely nothing. They just took our 165$ to park our car in the dirt field in back of their hotel. They told my travel agent that they would try to sell the room but talking to the manager Karen Kingsley they didn't even have a note on the account that we weren't going to be showing up and charged us a 50$ no show fee, which I think was just an excuse as to why they randomly charged my credit card because I seen the charged on my card in the afternoon the day we were suppose to check in, not very trustworthy in my opinion. I can say we will never even attempt to book at this hotel again, talking to other people they got discounts off at the hotels they booked with and also there was another lady on my flight who knew someone who worked at the this hotel and was only charged for parking! They are a hotel that deals with people who travel I can't understand how they have the worst customer service Ive ever dealt with to basically say sorry your flight was delayed and you were stuck somewhere for an extra 12-14 hrs but we're still going to keep all your money and do nothing for you! Good riddens Holiday inn

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
KarenKingsleyGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

novascotian268, I am sorry that you feel this way. As per our conversation with you and your travel agent we did try to resell your room once we were told that you were not going to be able to make it. Unfortunately by the time that we were informed we were not given another opportunity to sell your room; therefore as per our policy when you park prior to your reservation we were unable to refund you. I do understand that this is frustrating for you but again as I stated yesterday your travel agent should be able to assist you with going through your travel insurance to get your funds back do to an airline issue. Also the $50.00 pending authorization on your card was released from our system and you will not be billed for this.
You do have my contact information if you would like to discuss this matter further.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We choose this hotel as it was near the airport. It was nice for an overstaying. Room was huge with a large bathroom. We decided not to use the free 7 days parking. Shuttle from the hotel to the airport is at every 30 minutes. Customer representative was really friendly.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
KarenKingsleyGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you K4th1982 for your great review of our hotel and guest service agent. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This hotel does its job. It is convenient to the airport. Has a good shuttle service. Is clean.

However overall I would nevertheless grade it as 'mediocre'. It is rather a plastic kind of design. However I have also had extended discussions with the staff ~ and management ~ and was left with the distinct impression that this place goudges every possible nickel that it can from its clientele. And it is that attitude, and that approach ~ not balanced by service or a helpful attitude ~ that leads to my assessment of 'mediocre'. It does the job. But that is all.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Mike B, I am not sure what took place during your stay that made you feel as though the staff including management were not helpful or that they did not provide you with the appropriate level of service but I sincerely apologize. I assure you that we do not intend to or feel as though we are gouging or clientele. We are in a very competitive market and we price ourselves with that market. I apologize again if you were made to feel that way by any of our team.
If you so wish to discuss anything with me directly please do not hesitate to reach out to me at kkingsley@hiehalifaxairport.com.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

My colleague and I are put in this hotel for a month long training in Halifax. This hotel is located pretty close to the airport and that's where our training is. So our company decided to book this hotel for us. This hotel is in the middle of no where. So you have to drive at least 15-20mins to go to the nearest town for shopping or food etc. The front desk staff are excellent with their customer service skills. They are always greeting everyone, always smiling and always polite. The check inn was really quick and smooth. The hotel itself is maintained very well by the staff. The hallways are clean and the elevators are always clean.

The rooms are suite type room with a living area as soon as you open the door, then the washroom and then the sleeping area. The rooms are very spacious and clean. A big kudos to the housekeeping staff. They're wonderful. Both the living room area and the bedding area have 2 big flat screen tv's with ample channels to keep you entertained. The room is equipped with a sofa bed, work desk, coffee/tea maker, ironing stand and iron, a hairdryer in the washroom and all the amenities. The washroom is very spacious with enough supplies and amenities.

The beds are extremely comfortable(very high too). The pillows are wonderful. The sleep quality was amazing and the comfortability is awesome. The heater worked really well. The water pressure in the shower is awesome and very rejuvenating. The room did have microwave, a mini fridge, and ample glasses.

Overall it's a beautiful hotel. Very well maintained and clean. The breakfast had various choices with different varieties of eggs everyday. They had sausages, eggs, pancakes, choices of breads/bagels and muffins etc. The staff at the breakfast is awesome too. They're always replenishing the food and very well maintained breakfast room. The cheese omelette was really tasty and the sausages are tasty as well. The coffee/ tea are in the breakfast room 24/7. The coffee is very good too. The hotel does have a self laundry facility and also an indoor pool(which we haven't been to yet).

The only negative thing I would day is the speed of Wi-Fi. When you're on the bed, the Wi-Fi extremely slow, however if you were to sit on the sofa by the door, then it works really well. So when you want a good WiFi, you have to be sitting by the door and not in the bed area. The hotel next door has a dine-in restaurant just invade if you need lunch or dinner. It's an excellent hotel by the airport. Very well maintained with awesome staff. The rooms are very quiet and sound proofed well. The hotel is extremely clean and the rooms are spacious. A big kudos to the all the staff who are running this hotel very well.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
KarenKingsleyGM, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you so much SERAN78 for your wonderful review of our property. I appreciate all of your kind works and thank you for taking the time to write them. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and all of our amenities. I do apologize for the WIFI speed but you will be happy to hear that we have just switched providers and hope to have the finishing touches complete within the next few weeks.
I do hope that you get the opportunity to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Room was great as well as the shuttle to and from airport. The only complaint was the quality of the frozen lunch we had to get because of late arrival. Ten dollars for two frozen lunch that w re freezer burnt, was too much. We did not complain as it was a long day and were tried. We would go back but will make sure to buy a lunch before.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank y0ungc46
KarenKingsleyGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

y0ungc46, I am glad that you found the room and the shuttle service to be great. Unfortunately being an "Express" property we do not have a full service restaurant. I apologize that your meal from our express pantry was not appealing and you found it to be too expensive. Please allow me to correct this for you by reaching out to me with your name and date of stay. My email address is kkingsley@hiehalifaxairport.com, I look forward to hearing from you.