US$98
US$127
US$119
Esquire Motel(Bedford)
US$73
All reviewshalifax airportnova scotiashuttle serviceminute drivehilton gardenhot tubevery half hourlong term parkinglots of parkingfront desk stafffree parkinggreat place to stayclean roomsexcellent staynext morningbusiness centerthe holiday inn
Reviewed 4 April 2007

We stayed here in order to get a flight from the Halifax airport. This hotel is new and very clean. We found the room to be dark and a little on the small side, very clean and comfortable though. Upon check in they have a wonderful tray of cookies like the kind you would get at a subway restaurant. As well bottles of water. We were able to leave our car parked at the hotel for the duration of our holiday and we were dropped off and picked up for free by their shuttle service. Other hotels in the area make you get your own transportation if you do not stay with them before and after your flights. The pool area was nice and the pool was very clean.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
4  Thank Sleekgal
Reviewed 26 March 2007

I stayed here on my last night in Nova Scotia and did so out of necessity as it was very close by.
The whirlpool was out of order and the pool area was very dirty. The beer tap in the bar was out of order. The most of the bottoms of the hotel room doors were marked from people kicking there foot as they opened the door. I was however impressed with my hotel room. It was clean and spacious. It had a lot of little perks that you wouldn't find in most hotels..The employees were very friendly. Keep in mind that it's a very busy hotel.

Stayed: July 2006
Reviewed 4 March 2007

We stayed one night at the Hilton Garden Inn before taking an early morning flight out of Halifax to Montego Bay (or perhaps I should say we stayed half a night--it was a very early flight). The hotel itself is unremarkable: clean and comfortable, but pretty much indistinguishable from other chain hotels. However, we were pleasantly surprised with our dinner at the hotel restaurant: maple-glazed salmon with garlic whipped potatoes for me, curry chicken pasta for my husband. It was excellent! Hot, flavourful, carefully prepared, well-presented. If we lived in Halifax, we'd make a special trip out to the airport just to have dinner at the Hilton Garden Inn. A delightful start to our holiday.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2007

My husband had scheduled a late-night flight into Halifax, so I started searching for accomodations close to the airport where I could wait for him, then drive home to the Annapolis Valley the next morning. I had unpleasant memories of another Halifax airport hotel that was rundown, untidy, and overpriced, and was glad to hear that there was a new hotel in the area. The Hilton Garden Hotel was no more expensive than its older neighbour, and seemed to offer much more.

I was planning to arrive at the hotel quite late in the evening, so I called them to make sure that my reservation would be held. The woman who answered the phone was pleasant and helpful, and confirmed that my room was being held. When I arrived at close to midnight, my check-in was handled quickly and cheerfully by the front desk staff, despite the late hour, and the lobby did not have the "we're shut down for the night" look that I had expected.

Our room was large, and featured a nice flat-panel TV, a microwave, a coffee maker, and a small fridge. The beds were big and comfy. Best of all, there was wireless internet access everywhere in the hotel, which I used to pass the time until my husband arrived in the wee hours of the morning. I was able to wait for him at the hotel, as the hotel offers complimentary 24-hour shuttle service to and from the airport (I understand that the neighbouring hotel charges for this service). So, I sat in the comfortable lobby, watching TV and web surfing while my son slept upstairs, until my husband arrived.

In the morning, I made a run to the local Tim Horton's for breakfast (a mile away), while my son went for a swim in the heated indoor pool (the hotel has a restaurant, but we didn't try it). Check-out was simple, and the morning staff was just as friendly as the evening crew had been.

PROS:
- free 24-hour shuttle to and from the airport
- free wireless internet access everywhere in the hotel
- fridge, microwave, and coffee maker in room
- restaurant on-site
- small convenience store selection available 24 hours/day
- heated indoor pool
- lots of parking

CONS:
- a bit pricey for a quick overnight stop

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
4  Thank KGill
Reviewed 3 January 2007

For a new hotel, some areas seem a little rundown. Food service is expensive and limited. Bar is just 3 stools! Also, very expensive for an airport area property.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled solo