The Parrsboro Mansion Inn(Parrsboro)(Great Value!)
US$109
The Maple Inn(Parrsboro)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$105
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrustic charmnew ownersfive daysenjoyed our staytwo double bedsowners were friendlyhot waterkitchenettecabinofficestovemattressseasonsleeping
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Just had a wonderful 8-day photography holiday in the Parrsboro area based at the Riverview Cottages. The area itself is full of gorgeous scenery, fascinating geology, and great opportunities for arts, culture and outdoor adventure – and Parrsboro itself is perfectly located right in the middle of it all!

My Riverview Cottage #1 was ideally suited for my needs. Yes, as other reviewers have commented, the place is “rustic”. But that, in my opinion, is part of its charm. It reminds me of my grandfather’s old cottage, complete with its wooden interior walls and even a screen door that bangs as it closes – happy memories indeed.

One reason for a holiday is to get AWAY from annoying electronic devices, so the absence of televisions, telephones and internet connections never bothers me. But in fact I had no difficulty getting wi-fi service at Cottage #1 (close to the office) so I could at least keep marginally in touch with the rest of the world while I was there, and process and upload some daily photos.

The bed was comfy, the bathroom small but serviceable, the kitchenette had all the necessary utensils for preparing basic meals, the electric heat welcome on a couple of chilly nights. and I appreciated the behaved-pets-welcome policy that enabled my cat (a seasoned traveller) to join me for this holiday. In short, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will be very happy to to return.

Reviews are all about alternatives and expectations. If your usual alternative is a luxury 5-star hotel, then this might not be the place for you. But if, like me, you enjoy exploring the Great Outdoors and sleeping in a tent, then Riverview Cottage #1 will be a luxurious getaway at a very affordable rate.

Room Tip: Cottages closer to the office have reliable wi-fi service.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Following is the email we sent to the owners after our visit:
"Just wanted to tell you how much we enjoyed our stay last afternoon, night & morning (Oct 6-7) - wish we could have stayed longer. Lovely grounds; extremely comfortable beds; we were able to use our BBQ; our little dog was welcome & he loved it! Checkout time of 11:00 a.m. meant we could have a relaxing morning, cook breakfast in our cottage & walk around the property on a beautiful day. We definitely plan to visit again."

Our cottage was well-heated with fridge, microwave & hotplate & dishes, pots & pans, plus we were welcome to use our own BBQ. The grounds are lovely; the hosts are friendly & accommodating. Rustic charm. There are shady trees - we visited in Oct so the colours were lovely - but also lots of open "soak up the sun" areas. Would recommend if you like peaceful country surroundings.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alana7840
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We considered staying here but after seeing cabin #1 - which would have cost us $100+tax - we couldn't get away fast enough.
Described as "rustic" and "off the grid" (no tv) doesn't come close to describing these cottages. The one we looked at was more like a "fishing shack" with a small shower in a tiny bathroom - and a tiny bedroom that looked like it belonged in the back woods.
The place just didn't feel clean. Then when we handed the key back and said that we weren't interested he told us he had some that were cheaper I didn't even want to think how that would be if what we had already checked out was one of "the good cottages".
Save your money - this was the worst place we have EVER seen.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CCandBeej
Reviewed 21 August 2017

We stayed two nights in cabin #4. It was clean. Very rustic. Does need some updating such as mattress/ beds. Inside the cabin is rustic/ not finished. But was a nice clean place to stay. The owners were friendly. There are no Tv and wifi is sketchy.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights, in a charming cabin. It came with a fridge, which was great, and the bed was very comfortable. The hosts provide chairs and picnic tables throughout the property.

This is the kind of place to stay if you are interested in a quaint, rustic environment. At night, it was so quiet, and the stars were amazing. The many windows in the cabin allowed for great cross-breezes, which kept it cool all day. The property has many trees, and backs up to a wetlands area, so the bird song and bird-watching was lovely.

I would highly recommend staying here if you enjoy being in nature.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple