“Better than fast food”
Review of Panera Bread

Panera Bread
Ranked #68 of 247 Restaurants in Ajax
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Excellent sandwiches, soups & salads. A little pricey but it's REAL food so I don't mind paying a little more. I like being able to order half sandwiches and cups of soup too.

Reviewed 30 January 2017

Whether for a 'coffee', lunch or dinner, Panera has plenty to offer and provides a very comfortable place to enjoy your order. Great variety of offerings including fresh baked goods.

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick bite to Panera in Ajax. Service was great, hence the 2 star rating, but the price and taste were disappointing. Ordered a 1/2 Turkey & Kale sandwich.

What I liked was the fact that the roast turkey is NOT deli meat...bonus. The bread was pretty good...focaccia with a soft inside and a bit of a crispy outside. The chips I opted for as my complimentary side were yummy...basically Ms. Vicki's so you cannot go wrong there, and a perfectly small bag which was great. The size of the 1/2 sandwich was perfect (most portions in food places are way too big), so this was great.

So, why the disappointment? Very little turkey or toppings on the sandwich. Perhaps I spoil myself when I make a sandwich at home with an ample amount of goodies, but this just seemed to lack the inside sandwich goods (I even lifted the top to make sure I wasn't given empty bread).

But my biggest issue is with the price...$8.80 for this sandwich that was 2.5" X 4" and lacking insides. I have absolutely NO issue at all with the size, it's exactly what I wanted but almost $9 is sooooo not justified.

Could I have asked first how big the sandwich was? Of course. Could I have taken it back & politely asked for the rest of the innards? Absolutely. But I didn't do either, so boo for me.

Panera makes a decent chocolate chip cookie to indulge in once in awhile, maybe just stick to that and seek out the non-chain food places for good food. Yep, I will stick with that plan as it never fails.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

workers take forever in drivethru but food good...pricey yes. they should hire more staff. you also have to repeat stuff before it gets done right. many times served burnt or too much ice in drink.rewards is great when u spend u get bk.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

I ordered a latte with almond milk as I am lactose intolerant. The person without asking put whip cream on it....hello. Came with lid on so I couldn't even tell there was whip cream on it. Emailed corporate - no response