“Gorgeous place.”

Casablanca Winery Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Grimsby
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Everything was great, except the view. New condos going up blocking any view of Lake Ontario. Excellent patio. Great accommodating staff. Gorgeous staircase gives the a "grand" feel. Closemtomstoremand rstaurants. Hotel has lounge and r stairs to which was good also.

Room Tip: Construction and highway, not sure you'll get a view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 September 2017

This was our wedding anniversary weekend and it was amazing. We had no trouble switching our reservation a couple of times prior to our stay and staff was always very understanding, accommodating and friendly on the phone. We came for the Grape Escape winery tour package. Amazing wine tour that picked us up straight from the hotel when we arrived and was all day. Came back and had dinner at the restaurant was fairly priced and very filling. The room was amazing. King suite with whirlpool bath. We had an amazing time enjoying the room and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast in the morning.

Only complaint was that we wanted to indulge in the spa services but they had limited hours that did not fit in with the wine tour. But we would have loved to come back after the wine tour and enjoy a massage or facial to pamper ourselves. Too bad the spa closes early and is really only open in the afternoon. The wine tour is what we came for though. The reception area was beautiful and had great views of the lake. Would definitely had considered having a larger party/reception here for big events. Would be amazing view in my opinion.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I was visiting family in Grimsby and needed a place to stay overnight. The reception staff were very accommodating and found me a room quickly. I even had a choice of a room with a view which was quieter than facing the QEW.

It was an unexpected pleasure staying at this Boutique Inn. My room was bright and airy and I had a beautiful view of Lake Ontario.

My room was very clean and quiet. Considering it was a holiday weekend I was very surprised how quiet it was.

It was an excellent visit.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

I took my mother here for an 88th birthday. The room smelled strongly of wet carpet and the fan did not work. I asked for another room. In this one the air didn't work at all. The third one had such a stong chemical smell that we could not stay there. The fourth one was bearly passible. The decor was tired and old rather than kitchy. The girl at the front desk did her best but she was new and on her own. Bogeys restaurant served poor quality food although breakfast was better than dinner. I'm pretty sure the mushrooms in the Alfredo were turning bad. If at all possible I'd recommend staying anywhere else.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I stayed here for 5 nights. The property was once owned by a chain, but I can't tell which one, but obviously wasn't up to their standards and the building was renamed. My first trouble was when I received my room key, proceeded to open the room door, walked in and there was a lady on the bed. Apparently the room was already given to someone, so I had to go back down to get another room.

Even though the name may illicit some quaint surroundings, possibly within a vineyard, there is extensive construction all around, with roads being built and several strings of condos going up behind the hotel. This made for early morning construction noises if you hoping to sleep late. There wasn't a hint of "winery" outside the bar.

The room was clean (I was upgraded after my first room incident) but again tired. The staff was all friendly, and I ate at the bar most nights. Food was good, and again staff was nice. The gym was well equipped, but in a room with no windows in the basement.

Overall, I would say try other properties in the area, do not recommend.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grimsby
Downtown Hamilton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton Ontario
Downtown Hamilton
Sheraton Hamilton Hotel
Sheraton Hamilton Hotel
#4 of 20 in Hamilton
Capri Inn
#1 of 7 in St. Catharines

Been to Casablanca Winery Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Casablanca Winery Inn

Address: 4 Windward Dr, Grimsby, Ontario L3M 4E8, Canada (Formerly Kittling Ridge Winery Inn and Suites)
Region: Canada > Ontario > Grimsby
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Spa Swimming Pool
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Grimsby
Price Range: $136 - $201 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Casablanca Winery Inn 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Casablanca Winery Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Casablanca Winery Hotel Grimsby