“Great Breakfast/ Terrible dinner”

The View at Christie’s Restaurant
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We were here canoeing for the weekend. What a beautiful hotel with great facilities! We had breakfast at the restaurant. We both had versions of their Eggs Benedict with fresh squeezed orange juice. We really loved our breakfast and the service was terrific. This is why we decided to go back for dinner. What a disappointment. On the positive side, my husband enjoyed the prime rib special. We got sucked in to trying the "house made" gnocchi. It was Aylmer's glue nuked with lukewarm tomato sauce. horrendous. Also tried the broccoli cheddar soup of the day. It should have been called dishwater soup. I ordered the sea bass. It was a piece of fish about 1" wide by 6" long covered in a sauce that I could only describe as ketchup mixed with plum sauce or sweet and sour sauce. Awful. For such an expensive restaurant menu in such a beautiful facility, we had much higher expectations and were very disappointed. Also, we ordered Bloody Caesars and got Bloody Marys. Seriously? We're in CANADA. Our server tried to make the best of it but when we were asked how are meals were and responded with not very good, there was not attempt to make it right. This was on a Saturday night so should be the A team in the kitchen.

2  Thank Gee557

Reviewed 21 August 2017

My wife and I were on a bike ride and were passing through Port Severn. We'd been riding for a few hours and wanted to stop for a bite to eat. We pedalled into Christie's Mill and were welcomed onto a nice patio looking out onto the water. The environment was upscale but lunch was great and reasonably priced. Would recommend it as a cycling destination.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I ordered the tenderloin medallions. I was served two thin pieces of meat that had no flavour, were rubbery and tasted as if they had been boiled. The potatoes tasted as if they were a day old and had been reheated. I was not impressed! I paid more at this place than any other restaurant in the area. It is way over priced for the quality. Won't ever be going back!

2  Thank 30Posta
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Had a great time here... attended a wedding and was able to check out the area as well enjoy the food and drinks.

Everything flowed very nicely. clean up was a bit delayed at first but did pick up.

No complaints. Recommend to others looking to get married as its very picturesque

Reviewed 6 July 2017

we sat outside, on the restaurant's patio, enjoyed the lake view, the sunshine, and fresh air. The food was fine and the service was very friendly.