All reviews boston pizza great hotel sausage sitting area waffles right next door the breakfast area parking lot great job early check salt water pool fitness room small kitchenette a great stay great selection staff were excellent take advantage
Reviewed 27 May 2015

Recently stayed at this hotel with family to attend wedding in area. Hotel conveniently located to nearby shopping and restaurants. Decent breakfast included. Rooms clean. Nice pool (salt water). Friendly staff. Enjoyed our stay.

Date of stay: May 2015
Reviewed 25 May 2015

My wife and I stayed here Saturday night and while the property is quite lovely and conveniently located it is clear that the details of quality and service are being missed or ignored. It should be said as well that the rooms are quite expensive which just reduces my tolerance for the condition of the rooms.
As commented on by previous guests the sheets and pillow cases are certainly either old or of lower quality. The mattress has definitely seen better days as we sunk towards the middle and both had a rather fit full sleep. The grout in the shower was showing signs of mould and lack of care. The TV was NOT HI Def (what year is this). I called down to the front desk to comment on this and the clerk simply suggested that this was what Rogers provided.
If this was a $60.95 per night motel it might be more acceptable but a Best Western Plus at high rates. I think not!

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2015

The hotel was clean, had good facilities for a short stay (breakfast, pool, workout room). Beds were comfy, sitting area great, mini-kitchen great. Would agree with other reviews, the linens were substandard - very rough. Seems petty, but aren't all there for a pleasant's night rest? In terms of customer service, not a single request re: room was accommodated - asked not to be near elevator and off the highway side - our room was closest to the elevator on the highway side and our reservation was made two months in advance. Complaints to the front desk about noise at midnight and beyond were not addressed.

Room tip: Try asking for a room away from the highway side. Try.
Reviewed 22 April 2015

Pillows were old and smelled musty like someone's body odour. When I called late in the evening when I checked in, only the receptionist was working and she was surprised and appeared angry and said she did not know where any bedding was stored. She brought 2 pillows to the room but they smelled the same as the others, even though I asked for new pillows.
The towels were grey in colour and also smelled bad.
Room was not cleaned properly.
The hotel was very expensive and I expected newer and clean white bedding and towels.

3  Thank sunny212015
Reviewed 20 April 2015

Pillows that did not smell from other patrons sweat. Newer pillows recommended. Towels that did not smell and were white , not greyish. Must use bleach on towels or some other product that keeps them white. The room including the rug was not cleaned well at all. The evening desk clerk did not have access to clean linen and pillows after 10 PM when we arrived. I brought a bagel and cheese at 10AM up to my wife who did not sleep well and it was very hard and stale. I felt the hot breakfast was not good at all - only runny poached eggs and greasy sausages. No scrambled eggs or other choices for people who do not like runny eggs or greasy sausages. I am an independent travel consultant who usually enjoys Best Western. Besides these issues we had, this hotel offered no discounts and was very expensive i.e. $171 CAD plus tax. When I called to book the hotel, the desk clerk said they can charge whatever they want with no discounts because they are the only hotel between Collingwood and Brampton, Ontario. I thought this was a greedy and monopolistic statement. I have been a member of Best Western Rewards for years and am also a member of the Best Western Travel Agent Advantage program that offers travel agents 50% off rates. This hotel of course does not participate in this program due to their greedy attitude. This was the most I ever paid for a one night hotel room and will definitely try not to stay hear again even though we went to visit our daughter and family there.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple