“Amazing food... worth the trip!”

Saugeen Curry House and Fish 'N' Chips
Ranked #20 of 51 Restaurants in Port Elgin
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

We drove down with friends this evening to try out the Saugeen Curry House... we were not disappointed. My husband and I each got a combo (shrimp for me... chicken for him) and what an excellent value! Our combos started with a flavourful samosa and a choice of either soup or fresh salad. I had the lentil soup and he had the salad.. Both excellent choices. With the main you had your choice of curry, Chana masala and then biriyani as the rice. The flavours was amazing... there was enough heat to make things tingle but in a good way. There was no skimping on portions with the meal and we eat had enough left to take as a small lunch the following day. There are so many choices still to try on the Indian menu before we start to look at the other items. When visiting Port Elgin this may need to be another go to spot for us!

1  Thank VeeDubOS

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Wanting to try something new for supper tonight, we decided to try the Curry House and fish and chips. So pleased that we did!

We started with the appetizer platter. Amazing! The spring rolls were the best we've ever had and the dipping sauce had fantastic bite! My husband and mother in law got fish and chips (HUGE portions!) and I tried the butter chicken. Absolutely the best i've had.

Vibrant, fresh ingredients. Beautiful presentation. Friendly and fast service.

We'll be back for sure!

Reviewed 28 May 2018

What a pleasure to find this gem of a restaurant tucked away in Port Elgin, ON. I had lunch here last week with a friend, and we had Sahi Paneer, Coconut Curry Shrimp and rice and naan. This is South Asian food every bit as good as you'll get in a major city. The flavours are bright, the food is freshly cooked, and everything is beautifully presented. I would highly recommend stopping here!

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We had the combos and found it was excellent. Far too much to eat so we came home with leftovers for the next day’s dinner! Super friendly waitress. Hope the AC is fixed next time we visit

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came to Port Elgin for a short getaway and used Google to find a restaurant. We were blown away by Saugeen Curry House! We have eaten Indian food all over the world, and this is some of the best we've had -- and at such reasonable prices! My husband had the chana masala combo (with lentil soup and a samosa) and I had the fish curry (both of us with naan). The flavours of all the dishes were vibrant, warm, and clearly fresh.
The gentleman and lady who served us were incredibly friendly and welcoming. We have some dietary needs and they were a step ahead of us, already prepared to turn any dish into what we preferred, whether you have allergies, are gluten free, are vegetarian, or I imagine just about anything else!
The place is immaculately clean, casual with some fun decor, and comfortable. We were there for a fun couple's night out, but we would definitely bring our children another time.
We HIGHLY recommend this place! Whenever we come back to Port Elgin we will definitely be back.