Green Gables Bungalow Court Cottages(Cavendish)(Great Value!)
US$129
Kindred Spirits Inn & Cottages(Cavendish)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$104
US$104
US$72
US$83
US$80
  • Pool
Marco Polo Inn(Cavendish)(Great Value!)
US$76
Fairways Cottages(Cavendish)
Anne's Windy Poplars(Cavendish)
Sundance Cottages(Cavendish)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from these sites
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 September 2016

I have stayed in cottages before on Prince Edward Island. I reserved a cottage through Tourism PEI at Cavendish By The Sea in May. A cottage with two bedrooms for my daughter and I to stay there on August 5th and 6th. I flew to Moncton, NB on July 28th from Vancouver, BC. We phoned the cottages on the 4th to let Kevin Dallimore we were still arriving on the 5th. He spoke to my daughter and said he pit us in a cottage with a King Sized Bed. She said that was not what we reserved and was not acceptable. We were mother and daughter and wanted our own room. After a long conversation Kevin said we could have a cottage with two bedrooms for Friday and we could put our things just inside the door on Saturday he would personally put our things in a house with four bedrooms.One downstairs would be great for me as I was 71 and have health problems. We booked this place as we wanted to go to Fisherman;s Wharf Restaurant for a lobster dinner as we had been there before. I also reserved tickets to see Mamma Mia in Charlottetown the next day. When we arrived at the cottage office we met with a woman named Diane. She said we were not staying in a cabin at all. Both nights were to be spent in this house. We had called allover for another cottage in the area but there were no vacancies so we were stuck there. I do not know why Kevin said what he did as HE WAS NOT EVEN THERE. SHE SAID HE WORKED FOR AIR CANADA AND WAS IN TORONTO. We went to the house and put our things in it and freshened up and went to the Cavendish Boardwalk. Diane said the key in the door locked and unlocked it. When we came back and was there for awhile we discovered the house smelled. Diane said Indians stayed there for 10 days and just left. It smelled like food that they eat. I am not against Indians Native or East Indians. I smoke and took my own ashtray out on the deck and smoked. NEVER IN THE HOUSE.I respect people that do not smoke.The two garbage cans outside were full of whatever including beer boxes, so we asked a young man that came around to empty. When we returned from dinner we saw that the door did not lock. I went to the office and a young lady came with me and saw it did not lock, she ran across the field to a cottage where this Diane was. She got in he vehicle and grove all around the driveway instead of just crossing the field. However she made many attempts and finally said it did not work. I was pissed off as we had left our things in this house with strangers all around in cottages etc with the door unlocked. I asked her what were supposed to do overnight she said "no one ever comes around" How am I supposed to know that. I live in Vancouver and my daughter lives in Moncton where we lock our doors. When ir came to going to bed the bedding had a strong odor. I knew it had not been changed with clean sheets as they would have smelled clean. We just lay down on top of the beds as we had to sleep. We put a chair against the door. The screen door was ripped off by the people that had stayed there last.I tried to have a shower in the morning. It did not work. The water kept shutting off and on. Now, I am more pissed off than I was the night before. My daughter went to talk to Diane and she got no satisfaction. I went over to the cottage and told her we were leaving and wanted her to sign that we just stayed one night which sh did. I said I wanted the $119.20 + tax returned to my credit card. She said "good luck with that" I spoke to Kevin and he said he was on his way to catch a plane back to the Island and would get back to me. He never did. Now with many emails and contacting tourism.gov.ca He refuses to give me a refund. We went to Mamma Mia and then had to pay for two rooms at a motel out by the Airport. I see two reviews from family members that have stayed at many places without this hassle.

1  Thank berniebabs
Reviewed 27 August 2016

I am a frequent contributor to TripAdvisor and a world traveler. In my 416 prior reviews, I have given 4 "Terrible" ratings (3 of them were restaurants where disasters pretty much occurred and 1 was for a major city hotel that charged $399/night and was a time warp) so I do not give this rating lightly.

I am all about supporting small, family businesses as this one appears to be. However, I expect people to deliver on their end of the bargain.

I can live with "rustic" but I can't live with unclean (food in the fridge, garbage in the trash bins, beds not made etc.), malfunctioning and broken down. The place did not come close to delivering the experience we expected.

The owners need to clean up their act, set and meet a cleanliness standard and invest money in this property - or get out of the business.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

Doors didn't lock, property smelled, bugs and not a friendly place. Owner changed our booking after confirming we had a cottage with 2 bedrooms.. Wanted to give us a cottage with one king bed,,, after I told him this was not exceptable he told me to try and find somewhere else. This is not good business,,, I have stayed on the Island many times and never had such bad service.

2  Thank dawndaniel2016
Reviewed 24 August 2016

This is really just one up from camping for me. Although Kevin was very pleasant and helpful he seems flat out trying to run everything virtually on his own (doing refurbs and repairs) .

In the middle of high season everything looks unfinished and unkempt and day to day standards seem to suffer. This spot is prime real estate and it's not been used to it's full potential. Cottages were very basic and not very clean. Previous guests food in fridge, windows all smeared with dog paws, mismatched bedding and very small bathroom. Playground for kids very old and scruffy. Obviously a lot of people enjoyed their stay here and it was the rustic cottage experience they were looking for, unfortunately it just didn't work for me.

Reviewed 20 August 2016

Cavendish, P.E.I. was one of our family's many stops during our Atlantic coast road trip this summer, and we are happy to have been able to call Cavendish by the Sea, home base for 2 nights. Next time, it will be for longer! The owners, Kevin & Diane were very easy to deal with, so booking and checking in was a breeze. Being our first time on the island, we had many questions about where to eat, what to see, and what to do. They were more than happy to share their favourite spots and knowledge of the area with us. Kevin is always working and walking around making sure that his guests are doing well.
The cottages are rustic, clean and comfortable. They all have their own decks and BBQ's. The playground is in perfect view of every cottage, so it was very easy to relax while our kids were playing. At night, it is quiet enough that you will be able to hear the waves rolling in, as you gaze at all the stars above. That's right - it is that close to the beach! And what a beautiful and peaceful beach it is! Sometimes it felt like it was private.
The little things, are what also stood out about this establishment. They have plenty of bicycles to borrow if you choose to explore the surrounding area and get some excercise. And if weather permitted, Kevin would do a bonfire for those who choose to partake. It came to no surprise, when several of their guests that I spoke with, said that they have stayed here several times!
We look forward to staying here again next summer!

1  Thank BFLO75