Harbour Motel
The Lionstone Inn(Pictou)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$94
Agoda.com
US$99
HIExpress.com
Delta Hotels Prince Edward(Charlottetown)
US$274
Delta Hotels
  • Pool
US$138
US$133
Travelocity
Tara Inn(New Glasgow)
Hotels.com
All reviewslittle gemplace to stayferryownerstovepei
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We wanted a place to stay that was close to the ferry so we could catch it first thing in the morning. There are not a lot of choices here. The good thing about this place is that it is clean, has a full size fridge, big sink, stove/oven if you want to cook (but very small pots/pans and no dishes). The price is also good. There is no phone in the room, but there is wi-fi. The beds are very old and uncomfortable and the bedding is also very dated and not very cozy or nice. Do not listen to your GPS to find this hotel, it will take you on some weird back roads route. I recommend the short drive to the Cape Bear lighthouse.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2017

If I had known what this place was like I would have booked two weeks instead of one. The owners of the property were very friendly and helpful and the rooms were exceptionally clean and well equipped. Good restaurants and store nearby. Great area great motel I would highly recommend this motel.

Room Tip: Room 6 was fantastic...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank buggsey2016
Reviewed 15 July 2017

In any other location, I would not recommend this motel, but on eastern PEI you don’t have much of a choice. The room is very good and has a full-sized couch that frees up a lot of space. The lighting is not good; a weak lamp on one side of the bed and nothing on the other.

I had major problems. The TV did not work; I spent 30 minutes pushing buttons to get the TV and cable box to connect but could not. It was too late to get help. The fridge stopped working, but the owner got it up and running. The tub was incredibly slippery, and there were no mat or grab bars. I spotted some mildew.

I slept well, but an afternoon nap would be difficult due to a window in the door with a very thin curtain.

Still, all in all, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it. The host is very helpful. There just aren’t very many other places to stay in eastern PEI.

Scooper47’s Top Tips: 1. Reserve your following night before coming here. I had no GSM cell phone service.

2. Have dinner at the nearby Harbourview Restaurant. Not many other choices, and it is good.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2016

We needed to find a place to stop for the night. We were not interested in making a meal but did find a place nearby that is a local restaurant that has lots of business happening. It wasn't that far from the motel. The motel was cared for and the price not too bad. We were comfortable and had a good nights sleep there. The owner is friendly. There is a kitchen for those of you that want to cook your dinner in the room.

Room Tip: It is a quiet location so I am sure they are all good rooms
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Takingoffeh
Reviewed 19 September 2016

We stayed here for 1 night. The room was clean and fresh. I could get past taking off your shoes when you enter but I found the owner rude when we were checking in. He told us that someone wanted the room for 6 nights and that I booked it for 1 so the other person could only have it for 4 nights. I got the impression that he would of preferred the 6 nights. I work in the tourism industry and that's not a good way to welcome someone to your establishment. Also about 2 am we awoke to plastic bags crinkling.........

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple