Dreamweavers Cottages and Vacation Home
  • Pool
Silverwood Motel(Cavendish)
Bay Vista Motel(Cavendish)
View Hotel
All reviewsbeautiful viewview of the waterthe ownernorth rusticothe cottagesfree wifigrocerieslaundrylighthouseannecharlottetownbeachescavendishofficeislandpeibbq
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 September 2016

Old and dirty. Not worth the money they charge. No one on site most of the time, one fire pit for six cabins. Each should have their own in my opinion. Major updating needed. Would not stay again based on the unit cleanliness of the cabin. Couch and chair so old you can literally see the dirt on them. Curtains old and stained. Floors are awful.beds also old as hills. I wouldn't take my shoes off the whole time. No one at service desk. Front desk area filthy and ridiculously messy,looks like a garage sale or something.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Jess I
dreams011, General Manager at Dreamweavers Cottages and Vacation Home, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. As the manager of Dreamweavers, I would like to address some of the issues you had with your stay. When guests arrive they are given a “welcome” sheet with all the contact info, as well as other pertinent information, so they don’t have to remember everything we tell them about when they first arrive. The contact numbers are also posted on the office door. As my cell phone is practically attached to my hip, I’m not hard to find, if no-one is in the office.
Dreamweavers has been recognized for 17 years for excellence in cleanliness and maintenance under the Quality Incentive Program run by the provincial government inspectors. We hire experienced conscientious cleaners and would never expect guests to stay in the conditions described. We are also a 3.5 star property under the very particular Quality Tourism Services program (out of 5 stars. We have 4 stars for the house.) Most guests have very positive comments about the cleanliness and hard work our cleaners put in to make their stay comfortable. I’m sorry that was not your experience.
Our office is located in a sun-porch and yes, it has lots of stuff in it, all for the guests use and/or comfort. We have big a shelf full of ‘extras’ for cooking- everything from a slow cooker to cake pans for birthday parties, lobster pots and a spare bbq propane tank, to picnic sets and martini glasses. The guests help themselves from the extras shelf and return for the next person’s use. We also have cots, pack’n’plays, tons of movies and tourism literature. If we sold it all at a yard sale, we’d probably do quite well, as the extras represent a significant investment on our part to help our guests have an experience that is close to the comforts of home. Many guests comment that they have never stayed at a cottage property where so many cooking and comfort extras are offered. We also provide passes to the National Park beaches for the guests to use during their stay. Since most of the beaches on the central north shore of the Island are managed by the National Park (Cavendish, Rustico Harbour, Brackley etc.) the guests really appreciate not having to pay every time they enter the Park.
This appears to be the same review that was posted on another booking agency two months ago (which I am not able to respond to). As far as I know, I have not had direct contact with you or an opportunity to rectify the situation and/or offer a more suitable unit (if available) or discount coupon for another stay. However, I wish you well and hope that, you can let go of what was, unfortunately, a negative experience for you.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed for 7 nights with two families, in the big house. Great staff and owners. Spacious clean house, and multiple laundry. Really enjoyed the pool. Large kitchen, and groceries, and olde village bakery and doiron fisheries less than two kms away made it even better. Local clam hunting (we left the plungers), and PEI new potatoes (and free wifi for the recipe) made for a great manhattan clam chowder. Biking for small children should not be done on hwy 6 as locals and tourists are far too fast and aggressive with no enforcement; but still worth bringing the bikes for the great safe paths in the National Park.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
dreams011, Manager at Dreamweavers Cottages and Vacation Home, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

Thanks so much Greg. And the good news is...it looks like the Dept of Highways is working on a plan to add a bike lane on Rte 6 that would run from the Rustico/Cavendish side of the National Park to the Brackley/Covehead/Dalvay end. Fingers crossed this will happen because with farm tractors, tourists taking scenery photos and us locals trying to get to work, Rte 6 can be quite a challenge, even for experienced bikers. There are some lovely side roads that are quiet and beautiful but even a few minutes to get there can be scary with kids. The National Park has lots of biking trails, but again, best to load the car with the bikes to get there. You have lovely kids and I appreciate that you want to keep them safe. And thanks for your help with the new pool heater! You guys rock!

Reviewed 18 July 2016

We just returned from a week at Dreamweavers. We had a wonderful time. The cottages are very well located and just up the street from the charming North Rustico bay. We love this area. Vicky, the owner, and the other staff are very friendly and accommodating. The cottages have everything you can possibly need, and if you can't find it in the cottage, they will likely have it in the office. We hope to return!

Room Tip: Ask for the front facing cottages.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank coffeebeans222
dreams011, Manager at Dreamweavers Cottages and Vacation Home, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2016

Thanks so much for your review. Our guests enjoy the view and great location. The 'Rusticos" (there are five communities with Rustico in their name) are becoming known as a great seaside vacation area with lots of activities: deepsea fishing, music in the park, kayaking, shopping, exploring and great food. Not to mention the beaches!
We hope to see you again soon and are happy you enjoyed your stay.
All the best

Reviewed 28 June 2016

These cottages are very clean, comfortable and have a beautiful view. Our two bedroom cottage had a jet stream tub, which was so relaxing. The owner is very kind.

We stayed in this spacious cottage in mid May; all the attractions were closed at the time, it was quiet and peaceful.

There is a coffee shop not far from this cottage.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Denise W

Thank you Denise. May is a quiet time on the Island but I love the way PEI starts to come alive after the long winter so I'm glad you enjoyed it too. I often think PEI is at its most beautiful in the spring. And the cottages are nice and warm if we happen to strike a cool night. We hope to see you again soon and I'll be sure to pass on your kind comments to my terrific staff!
All the best

Reviewed 17 June 2016

My wife and I stayed for 5 nights with our 16-month old, in one of the 2-bedroom cottages.

The location is fantastic - 10 minutes to Cavendish, 30 minutes to Charlottetown, 40 minutes to Summeriside, and about 90 minutes to each of the West or East coasts of the Island. We picked this area because of the fact you could go anywhere on the Island quite easily for a day trip. From the property you have a beautiful view of Rustico Bay and the nearby fishing village of North Rustico, with its lighthouse and several restaurants, shops and deep sea fishing, boating and other activity operators.

The cottage itself was more spacious than most you would find, and the beds very comfortable. The whirlpool tub in the master bedroom had more jets than I think I've seen before and was very relaxing every night! We had requested a pack-n-play crib for our infant to sleep in and the owner, Vicki, had already set that up for us when we arrived, and provided additional linens/sheets for it so that was a nice touch.

The deck looked to have been re-done in the last year or two, and so was very nice. There was Cable TV, DVD player and VHS player in the living room, and a large selection of DVD and VHS movies in the office for free.

The only thing I would note is that the 2-bedroom cottages are not individual cottages, but rather semi-detached units that share a wall and the other half of the deck with another cottage. I would expect this to be noted in the listing, as the term "cottage" does suggest an individual building. This was not an issue for us as the neighbouring unit was empty for most of the time and only occupied by a quiet couple after that, but as a family travelling with an infant that goes to sleep quite early it is something I would normally take into consideration when booking, as you never know what type of guest could be sharing the wall with you.

That said, it was very quiet and relaxing when we were there - and the owners make it very clear on the information sheet they provide when you arrive that you should contact them at any time of night with any noise issues.

Overall, a great time on the Island, and for the location, price, view, and whirlpool tub!, I would recommend these cottages!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank James B

Thanks for the great review! And the reminder to add 'duples' to my description. I would like to mention though that the units are well sound proofed and the bedrooms are at the ends of the buildings. The duplex cottages is shaped like an L and master bedroom of the two bedroom where the big massage tub is off by itself in the short part of the L. Most cottages on the Island are lined up with a couple of car widths between each so you have two neighbours. At Dreamweavers you only have the one neighbour and we attract guests who like peace and quiet (like you) so we don't get noise complaints. We are a small property with only five cottage and one house, so that helps, too.
We hope to see you again and see that baby grow up!