Pines Motel(Rustico)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$99
US$91
Blue Crest Cottages(Rustico)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$167
Orbitz.com
  • Free Internet
All reviewsbeautiful viewview of the waterthe ownernorth rusticothe cottagesfree wifigrocerieslaundrylighthouseannecharlottetownbeachescavendishofficeislandpeibbq
Reviewed 7 October 2016

Vicki was incredibly hospitable. She gave us great advice about places to eat, shop and see entertainment. We were on bikes and Vicki even dropped us off at the Harbour and picked us up later. She also drove us to Stanley Bridge to enjoy some music. The cottage was immaculate. Everything we needed was there but Vicki told us where to find other things we might need. She was not always on site but she was close and available by phone. Our stay here was one of the best stays we had during our trip to PEI and we had some great stays.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Gertie68
dreams011, Manager at Dreamweavers Cottages and Vacation Home, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Hi Gertie
Sorry I missed responding to your review last fall. I remember your group well and the spirit of adventure you all had as you enjoyed PEI. It was a real pleasure and maybe someday I will visit you in your part of this vast country.

Reviewed 4 October 2016

My partner and I, along with my sister spent three days here as part of a trip around the Maritimes in late September. I can only think of good things to say about Dreamweavers. The place was spotlessly clean, well equipped and very reasonably priced. What more can you ask for?!
It's in an ideal location, minutes from the national parks along the north shore of the island and less than a half an hour into Charlottetown with a fair share of culture and lots of Canadian history. In addition you can catch great sunsets by driving less than five minutes up the road to the local village.
We rented the larger cottage with three bedrooms. It had all furnishings and the extra space we needed. It was very well equipped with a fridge, stove and dishwasher along with plenty of dishes and cutlery. Any additional things you might need were available (no charge) from the main office along with videos or games to while away the evening. It was great to have an additional half-bathroom in the unit and having a washer and dryer next door ($1.50 per load on the honour system!) was a real plus.
We particularly liked how someone had thoughtfully dropped off some extra blankets in our unit while we were away sightseeing since it was getting cooler in the evenings.
The owner was very friendly and gave us several good recommendations for local dinners and restaurants. But we also liked preparing a good home-cooked meal in the cottage one evening as well. The internet reception was great as well as TV.
If you want to get away from the stress of the city, then head to PEI. And Dreamweavers Cottages fit the bill for us perfectly. The three of us have all decided to return again next year.

Room Tip: The larger 3-bedroom cottage was great!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank HamiltonTrvlr

Hi Folks
Sorry I missed responding to your review last fall. I have to confess I was a bit burnt out at the end of the season, partly because our family has had some serious health issues.
Your review is so thorough and helpful! I'm so glad that all the little things we do to insure our guests comfort were noted. Happy guests is what makes it all worthwhile!

Reviewed 15 September 2016

Old and dirty. Not worth the money they charge. No one on site most of the time, one fire pit for six cabins. Each should have their own in my opinion. Major updating needed. Would not stay again based on the unit cleanliness of the cabin. Couch and chair so old you can literally see the dirt on them. Curtains old and stained. Floors are awful.beds also old as hills. I wouldn't take my shoes off the whole time. No one at service desk. Front desk area filthy and ridiculously messy,looks like a garage sale or something.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Jess I
dreams011, General Manager at Dreamweavers Cottages and Vacation Home, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. As the manager of Dreamweavers, I would like to address some of the issues you had with your stay. When guests arrive they are given a “welcome” sheet with all the contact info, as well as other pertinent information, so they don’t have to remember everything we tell them about when they first arrive. The contact numbers are also posted on the office door. As my cell phone is practically attached to my hip, I’m not hard to find, if no-one is in the office.
Dreamweavers has been recognized for 17 years for excellence in cleanliness and maintenance under the Quality Incentive Program run by the provincial government inspectors. We hire experienced conscientious cleaners and would never expect guests to stay in the conditions described. We are also a 3.5 star property under the very particular Quality Tourism Services program (out of 5 stars. We have 4 stars for the house.) Most guests have very positive comments about the cleanliness and hard work our cleaners put in to make their stay comfortable. I’m sorry that was not your experience.
Our office is located in a sun-porch and yes, it has lots of stuff in it, all for the guests use and/or comfort. We have big a shelf full of ‘extras’ for cooking- everything from a slow cooker to cake pans for birthday parties, lobster pots and a spare bbq propane tank, to picnic sets and martini glasses. The guests help themselves from the extras shelf and return for the next person’s use. We also have cots, pack’n’plays, tons of movies and tourism literature. If we sold it all at a yard sale, we’d probably do quite well, as the extras represent a significant investment on our part to help our guests have an experience that is close to the comforts of home. Many guests comment that they have never stayed at a cottage property where so many cooking and comfort extras are offered. We also provide passes to the National Park beaches for the guests to use during their stay. Since most of the beaches on the central north shore of the Island are managed by the National Park (Cavendish, Rustico Harbour, Brackley etc.) the guests really appreciate not having to pay every time they enter the Park.
This appears to be the same review that was posted on another booking agency two months ago (which I am not able to respond to). As far as I know, I have not had direct contact with you or an opportunity to rectify the situation and/or offer a more suitable unit (if available) or discount coupon for another stay. However, I wish you well and hope that, you can let go of what was, unfortunately, a negative experience for you.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed for 7 nights with two families, in the big house. Great staff and owners. Spacious clean house, and multiple laundry. Really enjoyed the pool. Large kitchen, and groceries, and olde village bakery and doiron fisheries less than two kms away made it even better. Local clam hunting (we left the plungers), and PEI new potatoes (and free wifi for the recipe) made for a great manhattan clam chowder. Biking for small children should not be done on hwy 6 as locals and tourists are far too fast and aggressive with no enforcement; but still worth bringing the bikes for the great safe paths in the National Park.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
dreams011, Manager at Dreamweavers Cottages and Vacation Home, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

Thanks so much Greg. And the good news is...it looks like the Dept of Highways is working on a plan to add a bike lane on Rte 6 that would run from the Rustico/Cavendish side of the National Park to the Brackley/Covehead/Dalvay end. Fingers crossed this will happen because with farm tractors, tourists taking scenery photos and us locals trying to get to work, Rte 6 can be quite a challenge, even for experienced bikers. There are some lovely side roads that are quiet and beautiful but even a few minutes to get there can be scary with kids. The National Park has lots of biking trails, but again, best to load the car with the bikes to get there. You have lovely kids and I appreciate that you want to keep them safe. And thanks for your help with the new pool heater! You guys rock!

Reviewed 18 July 2016

We just returned from a week at Dreamweavers. We had a wonderful time. The cottages are very well located and just up the street from the charming North Rustico bay. We love this area. Vicky, the owner, and the other staff are very friendly and accommodating. The cottages have everything you can possibly need, and if you can't find it in the cottage, they will likely have it in the office. We hope to return!

Room Tip: Ask for the front facing cottages.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank coffeebeans222
dreams011, Manager at Dreamweavers Cottages and Vacation Home, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2016

Thanks so much for your review. Our guests enjoy the view and great location. The 'Rusticos" (there are five communities with Rustico in their name) are becoming known as a great seaside vacation area with lots of activities: deepsea fishing, music in the park, kayaking, shopping, exploring and great food. Not to mention the beaches!
We hope to see you again soon and are happy you enjoyed your stay.