“Love this place”

L'Amir Taouk Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 52 Restaurants in Cowansville
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Been going for years. So delicous my favourite is the pita or shish taouk platter. Big portions for a reasonable price. Salads are all good cauliflower and brocoli is amazing. The potatoes and garlic mayo are great. Once you get to know the staff they are hilarious. I saw that they serve poutines with there chicken cant wait to try....a couple of years ago there debit machine didnt work so they literally gave you your meal for free and said to come back to pay when you had the time...happened to me like 4 times.. BEWARE!!!!!! you will burp garlic for like 2 hours after loll

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

I would give zero stars but I cannot. I walked in and smelled cigarette smoke immediately. The man and woman never even said hello to me or even looked up. The man went to wash his hands, and what I was seeing was only with plain water no soap. I asked politely if he would use soap. Both man and woman started yelling and screaming like maniacs...why?! Because I asked 'if' the man was going to wash his hands (with soap) as he was preparing my food. I was certainly not impressed and left the establishment immediately. Being in the restaurant business for several years, people will not accept this type of behavior by the owners/staff if they are paying good money to eat out. Good luck you're going to need it. Place was completely empty, now I understand why. Oh by the way, note to owner(s) restaurant should never smell like cigarette smoke. Totally disgusting. Bad business. Do not go here...you will regret it.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

Although this is a very small family restaurant, it is particularily good for Lebanese cuisine and you can order or take out; in fact it is the only one of this kind in the area.
I would recommend all the Shish Taouk plates as they are delicious and very affordable.

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Great food if you're in the mood for something a bit different in Cowansville. Very tasty & filling & affordable. The interior/ exterior could definitely use some TLC (but we weren't looking for pretty we were looking for tasty). As it was my first time going there I was bit confused how the ordering worked because of the weird set up, but ended up being pleasantly surprised with the food! The female cashier was not the friendliest in my opinion. Will definitely go back.

1  Thank kbptgirl
Reviewed 28 June 2016

This is a family place, extremely friendly with great Lebanese food! My favorite is the Shish Taouk plate. The salads are delicious. Big portions too!