All reviews hot tub the owner family reunion pierre le microwave hill quebec slopes vermont
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed a few nights with a friend to ride.
Room was great, clean and a good size.
Hot tub was hard to keep warm on such a cold night not their issues.
Staff was friendly and very nice... and every staff member were pretty cute girls, so as 2 guys on the road it's nice..
I would stay there again if I come back.
Close to the hill or they have a shuttle if you don't have a car

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
LeMontagnardSutton, Propriétaire at Le Montagnard, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Wow ...thank you for those good comments ...I will let my Team know it, specially the Front Desk employees!

Pierre

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I don't enjoy leaving a negative review for any small business owner as I recognize how important favourable recommendations are to drive new business from the uninitiated. I especially empathize with hotel owners as reviews can be incredibly unfair and the experience so subjective. Some people are just unreasonable. Full disclosure, I'm at the stage of life where I've has the privilege of staying in the comfort of some very fine hotels the world over. That said, over the last 40-plus years, I've spent my share of nights at the likes of 'Motel 6,' so I feel I'm imminently qualified to distinguish low price from low value. Sadly, Le Montagnard, for me, falls into the latter category of low value. Poor value, to be more precise. My recent one night stay at the hotel cost a considerable $374.85. While I wasn't expecting the Ritz Carlton, I do think it fair to have expected the hotel unit to have proper finishings, to be clean, and to have a usual supply of amenities like toilet tissue. In this case, we were given a ground floor unit in a two story a-frame cottage. The unit was in disrepair and seemed in the midst of incomplete renovations with green painter's tape across the floor and tiles with seams that had yet to even be grouted. There was an unpleasant (gross) odour in the air despite a dehumidifier prominently chugging away in the hallway. Amenities in the rather cramped washroom included a wall dispenser for hand soap and 3/4 of a roll of toilet paper. To be fair, the hotel gave us more toilet paper after going to the reception desk to pick it up. The unit included a small kitchenette with some dishes with which to have breakfast. I was rather taken by a sign affixed above the sink warning that improperly washed dishes would result in an additional $25 charge. I wonder then whose responsibility it was to clean away the several dead flies I found in the bathtub. Surely, a better job could be done to ensure a basic level of cleanliness. Despite my best intentions to be a good citizen, a broken dishwasher added insult to injury. Another major nit for me was the lack of any sound isolation between units. I can only assume the guests staying in the unit above us we're practicing parkour or herding elephants or both. Again, not the end of the world but definitely not something you'd expect at this price point. If my night's stay was 1/3 the cost, would I say it represents fair value? Maybe, but it's still not for me. Unfortunately, I can't see returning to Le Montagnard at any price until these issues are addressed. I do think they have a nice property and I believe they are well-intentioned. With minimal effort, I think they can do a lot better.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Foodiecad
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Just returned from Sutton; attended a family reunion. The grounds and units were lovely and Pierre and staff amazing. The pool was a great meeting spot with nice shaded areas for full on sun days. Extremely comfortable beds and a great buffet breakfast. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Stayed in the 500 sq. ft suite; two queen size beds and a very comfortable pullout. Small fridge, toaster oven, and some dishes.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
LeMontagnardSutton, Propriétaire at Le Montagnard, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Thank you for these good comments .. I will forward these comments to my staff!

Pierre

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

As the organizer of our Family Reunion, we looked for a place in this area of the Eastern Townships of Quebec .We were 60 people and needed accommodations and facilities to golf our functions . The owner , Pierre Therien made our event a success . His Chalets, Condos and Rooms were in beautiful shape . I personally slept in 2 of his beds . He mentioned he ad exchanged most of the mattresses with new pillowtops and they were very comfortable . The views are breathtaking . The facilities are clean and in good working order. His staff is sharp and know their chores. Yes folks this is the real deal . You will not make a mistake by booking here . We will be returning at some point .

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
LeMontagnardSutton, Propriétaire at Le Montagnard, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Hello!
I'm really glad to hear tose good comments and I will let my staffs knows!
Thank you again and I'M looking forward be guesses again and agian!
Pierre, Penny and ... Bango!

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

This place was an awesome place for our family reunion of 60 people. Condos/Chalets were comfortable and clean, staff was great (we live Penny), Food was great and the facilities and outdoor space was awesome for a group of our size. We go back again!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family