“A Hidden Favorite”

Add it.
Meridiano 90
Ranked #14 of 30 Restaurants in Matamoros
Reviewed 28 May 2017

We dined at Meridiano 90 on a weekend evening and walked away pleasantly surprised. The menu offered a good variety of choices that were not all Mexican cuisine. The ambiance is nicer than any other restaurant in Matamoros and rather upscale in comparison. The food was delicious and they had 2 for 1 drink specials. We'll definitely return. They had good service and good prices as well.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

Matamoros suffers from a dearth of decent restaurants, mostly due to the security environment they're suffering through, but Meridiano 90 is a nice place.

We were a business group out for lunch and tried this place on the recommendation of a local coworker. We're glad we did. The service and price were right in line with expectations, and the food was (surprisingly) excellent.

I had the salmon with poblado. It was perfectly cooked, as was the accompanying rice. There was a lot of sauce, but it wasn't overpowering. One of my coworkers had the salmon with cilantro sauce and reported that she was extremely pleased with it. Another coworker had the grilled steak and was very happy. Sadly, I don't remember what the other two ate.

It might be best to try this restaurant at lunch. My local coworker told me that many restaurants are not open in the evenings due to the security situation.