W Punta de Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$311
US$261
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$415
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Iberostar Playa Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$320
  • Breakfast included
Casa De Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$745
US$679
Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$190
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Imanta Resort(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$765
US$742
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,081 results
All reviewssea breezeoutdoor showerbutler servicepunta mitaremede spachampagne ritualfour seasonsdeluxe suitemarine safaripersonal butlerwalk in closetthe general managerspg platinumsi senorcasa teresagolf coursefish tacos
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Just Awesome !!!
A 3 day experiencie that worth every dollar you spent. A dream beach, excellent service (dont hessitate to ask your personal butler, for anything that you need.), and a one of kind Golf Course (actually, theres two of them, Pacifico and Bahia). Things that you MUST do. a) Take a view from the lobby down the ocean b) set up a private dinner at the beach c) play both golf courses, but if you cant, at least take a shot at the third hole, the tale of the wale d) ask for a "mita mary" at las Marietas, and of course... book for the next Punta Mita Golf & Gourmet Classic !!!

Room Tip: If you can afford it, try the one at the beach, with private pool
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2012

After four years of thinking about spending on a high dollar vacation at Punta Mita, we booked six days and it was the the best beach hotel experience we have ever had. Service, cuisine, transportation ease, and the location, the spectacular design of the hotel itself -- combined for a supreme vacation for myself and my wife. Puerta Vallarta and Punta Mita 45 minutes away is a destination you should consider. The room cost is also something to consider, and our choice was to just go for it instead of flying from San Diego or Hell-A to Hawaii or Europe and being ripped off or jet lagged and Euro'd to death. Starwood points were used by many we spoke to at the hotel for extra nights, and we will do the same now. As I write this, I am sorry we didn't stay another two days. The best part of any hotel is the staff, and the St. Regis has the best. Locals, proud of Mexico, English speaking and friendly. There is no effort by the staff to grind you for a tip, and because of the isolation of the property on the pensinula, there are no vendors to disturb you. You know the Corona commercials on the beach? That's your experience. Our beach service anticipated our every need. I swam in the morning at the adult lap pool and when I got out, a lounge chair nearby had two bottles of water and a towel waiting for me. Every time. They just see a need to help, and do it. We have already planned for next year. Our trip: We arrived at 2:45 from Phoenix and San Diego and after a quick customs entry by friendly authorities, we were met by our driver from the St. Regis and a new black Navigator. Stylish, quiet and safe. It was Easter week and the roads were busy, and one hour later after a leisurely drive up the coast, we were at the hotel, greeted by the staff and given a margarita and a 5-minute massage that was really 10 minutes and set the tone for the six days. At this point we were mesmerized by the layout of the hotel with its garden-style layout that has multiple pools and descends to the white sand beach.
There are 122 rooms I believe and all were booked on spring break by a mix of Mexicans and Americans. Yet the hotel never felt busy. Not a bit. The kids pools on one side of the hotel where the food and activities are centered was busy and pleasant, but we coveted the adult pool area split between a wading pool/spa below and a lap pool above. Quiet piece of heaven, and three of the days we spent on lounges under umbrellas on the beach being served by Antonio and Manuel and others who brought us lunch and drinks. Inbetween we read, napped, I standup surfed and surfed. You can rent anything you want in the way of surfboards. The point break right out front is not bad, but not great. Tours and rental cars can gain you access to better surf spots. If you want to standup paddle board or surf on a paddle board, you can walk to taxi to the little surf town Punta Mita just outside the hotel gate and rent anything, and the little reefs are perfect for standup paddleboarding. One night we ate dinner at Si Senor's at Punta Mita ($10 taxi ride) and enjoyed one of our best dining experiences as the sun set and paddleboarders rode wave after wave on a small reef as darkness set in. I highly recommend the food at the resort and two spots at Punta Mita, the beachfront restaurant Si Senor and Casa Theresa, which is set in the courtyard of a home and is an Italian dining experience brought to you by Theresa and her daughter Nadia. Fantastic. You need reservations. As for Si Senor, we had three drinks, fish taco appetizer, lobster, seared tuna, pistachio flan for dessert that was the best I've ever had, Mexican coffee (special blend topped with Patron tequila-unreal) and a romantic setting. For $100 for two. If I had known it was that reasonable I would have had two more drinks, since I wasn't driving anyway. I must say here the St. Regis dining never disappointed, especially one fabulous culinary demonstration at Carolina's, but you must dine at Si Senor and Casa Theresa or you have missed out. One more thing about the food. We skipped breakfast most days, worked out in the morning in the spa or swam or walked, ordered the hamburger or fish tacos on the beach (the kobe bacon burger was world class, take my word for it) and saved ourselves for evening dining. The rooms are beautiful with indoor and outdoor showers, a deep tub for that romantic soaking in the candlelight, high-count linens, and free coffee service at any AM time desired. The hotel offers the extra touches, and if I tell all, you won't be surprised. Enjoy them. If you golf, there are two 18-hole courses, both wide open with Pacific views, wide fairways and little rough. I did not play, although I have played many fine courses as a San Diego resident, and I can assure you the facility is impressive. The hotel does not nickel-and-dime you. Internet is free, bottled water is so abundant you NEVER have to worry about it. I promise. The beauty of this resort is that you can be crazy busy, relaxed or mix it up. There is a tennis club, a workout facility with state-of-the-art machines. Fishing charters are in Punta Mita (skiffs and pangas mainly) and PV fishing can be epic for roosterfish, yellowfin and dorado and assorted grouper and pargo. I skipped fishing as I do it all the time recreationally and professionally as an outdoor writer (thus this long review), and I wanted to devote myself to a week with my wife. It worked out pretty well. Oh yes, one other bit of dining advice, look into the breakfast buffet option. Others at the hotel used it, and it's not heavily promoted. I believe it's around $30 a day for two people. It's excellent and a good price. We're not breakfast people, but if you are, enjoy. We will be back, maybe we'll see you next spring at The St. Regis at Punta Mita.

Room Tip: upper rooms have an ocean view, but you pay for that view. Go ahead. It's worth the privacy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank John M
Reviewed 13 April 2012

The top of the Punta Mita resorts. You will not be disappointed. World class service and quality.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RSTT3959
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We just got back from a 5-day stay at the St. Regis, Punta Mita Resort. Our trip was absolutely perfect. The Resort is simply beautiful - takes your breath away when you first see the view from the lobby down to the ocean. We were greeted with Margaritas by very welcoming Staff. The General Manager, Carl Emberson was also on had to welcome us to the Resort. Our room was beautiful - ocean views, outdoor shower, day bed to relax & quiet. Pool set up is perfect as it divides adults and families ... which allows for lots of R&R. We loved our days on the Beach & by the Pool -- the Staff were on hand immediately to set up towels, bring water & ice and make sure we had everything we needed. We ate every day by the Pool or on the Beach -- food was delicious, Margaritas to die for .... Service excellent -- with all the Staff being so VERY friendly. We had couple massage at the Spa which were the best massages we have ever had at a Resort -- the Spa itself is magical. We ate at Las Marietas one evening - gorgeous view to the Ocean and listened to a wonderful band as we dined. The food, service and ambiance were just right. Mr Emberson even stopped by to say hi & see how we were enjoying our stay, as he seems to do frequently -- chatting with guests and checking on them. It is this kind of personal feel that makes the St. Regis special -- from the General Manager, to our Butlers, to all the Staff. We ate in town most nights and were given many excellent recommendations. Overall all our experience was outstanding -- we will definitely be going back :-) Thanks everyone for making our stay so special.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2012

If you have a lot of time to spare while on your vacation to wait for service, then this hotel will be a great choice. It has beautiful spacious rooms and grounds as can be seen from the pictures, so it is a shame that the frustrating service wrecked the trip. The staff need better training on being efficient in taking care of and responding to guests needs. It seems every time I had a question or request they wanted to make a meal out of it (or tip out of it) resulting in a simple request such as trying to get to my room which was ready taking an hour to wait for someone to hold my hand rather than allowing me to go there myself which would have taken 5 minutes. Often in response to questions the staff will say they will do something they cannot/will not do. The rooms have no iron or coffee maker so that you have to rely on the butler that is not available. Having stayed at other Regis resorts before, I also know that the body wash bottles did not contain the same soap and it did not even match the description, so they are also incorrectly refilling soap bottles. The resort seems to have a lot of staff standing around, but they are too slow and unable to help in a way that is anywhere close to the service required for this type of resort.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Parity
carlitosembo, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback through Trip Advisor. We take great pride in our service and products at the St. Regis and in your case we did not live up to your our standards.

I have shared your comments with our Executive Team and to ensure that our staff members are aware of their shortcomings and how they can affect the outcome of one’s stay.

I can assure you that all of our products are delivered to the rooms in original state and removed after each guests visit. Such feedback permits us to fine tune our service standards and for this we are truly grateful.

Thank you again for the feedback - it is much appreciated