“Professional, accommodating staff and fun tour!”

Punta Mita Expeditions
Ranked #3 of 24 Tours in Punta de Mita
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Punta Mita's premier outdoor adventures company with a unique selection of world class life experiences from family fun activities to challenging, extreme adventures. Marine Safari, Stand Up Paddleboarding, Surf, Scuba Diving, Whale Watching, Snorkeling, Kayaking, Hookah Diving, Wild Dolphins Adventure and much more!
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed the staff - they were very professional, shared helpful and fascinating information, and took good care of all of us - thank you Margarito and Spaldo! It was a wonderful tour with great snorkeling. We tried our hand at stand up paddle boarding on the ocean too, with some success. Highly recommend!

Date of experience: June 2018
"national park"
in 12 reviews
"top notch"
in 20 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 5 reviews
"drinks and snacks"
in 5 reviews
"took pictures"

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Took his expedition which was nice seeing the scenery and all. Was disappointed in the minimal time to snorkel and the very little amount of tropical fish we saw. The explained a lot about the area and all but would have liked more time in the water.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank Sjwiden
Reviewed 7 May 2018

My dad and I went scuba twice through this company and it was great! We had no complaints and the guide was very friendly! We got to see an octopus, a turtle and many eels which was a lot of fun! Very trustworthy and safe company to rely on.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 28 April 2018

Now this is the same review I wrote for Yachts Vallarta, who I rented the yacht from, but I think Punta Mita Expeditions is the company the crew on the yacht works for.
My travel agent @Terika Haynes of Dynamite Travel connected me to Alonso. I was actually in talks with another yacht company and was almost ready to secure a rental through them when my travel agent told me Alonso of Yachts Vallarta told her some things to be aware of when dealing with the other company, like they will increase the price even though you all have discussed another price. Well, sure enough, when I told the other company I was ready to book, they told me I could no longer charter the yacht I was interested in for 4 hours it HAD to be a 6 hour rental. At that point I deciced to book with Yachts Vallarta and I'm so glad I did!!! Alonso and my travel agent corresponded with each other. She advised he was very responsive to her calls and e-mails. I chartered the yacht for 4 hours for a day party for my husband's 50th birthday Day Party. When my party and I arrived to the marina, Alonso was there to greet me and my party of 15. We rented the Montefino 85, but the had the name Neptuno! Let me just say....the service we received was FIRST CLASS!!!! Waldo and the crew on the yacht were nothing short of AMAZING!!! They kept our glasses full and the snacks were delicious!!! Prior to the trip I inquired about a DJ because I wasn't sure if we could use our phones for Spotify or Pandora. Alonso didn't get a definitive answer from me and my travel agent so he took it upon himself to secure the DJ because he didn't want his to get booked by someone else. I AM SO GLAD HE DID!!! the DJ was a great addition to our day party! We were even a little late arriving to the yacht, so Waldo and the crew contacted our transportation company to advise them we would be a little late returning so we could receive our full 4 hour rental!!! The yacht was AWESOME!!!! If you are thinking about renting I highly recommend it! It was expensive, but WORTH EVERY PENNY!!! You should wear your bathing suit, coverup and comfortable shoes!!! Waldo and the crew will take care of everything else. Did I mention we even caught a fish! (We threw him back in!) We brought our own cards and dominoes and had a FABULOUS time!!! It was very comfortable and clean! The pictures did not do it justice!!! When I return to Puerto Vallarta this is the only yacht company I will consider!!

Date of experience: April 2018
Angelica B, Sales Agent at Punta Mita Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Dear Dawn,

We appreciate your comments, we are very happy to have made your experience something very nice and wonderful, for our part we will ensure the best service and the best experience the next time you decide to sail on our Neptuno Yacht.

Thank you very much for choosing us. Have an exceptional day!

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 April 2018

We booked a trip to the Marieta Islands with Punta Mita Expeditions when we were in Punta Mita last week. Osvaldo and Margarito were a terrific guide and captain, respectively. Both clearly knew the area well, and had a lot of great stories about the island and the birds (the blue footed boobies are pretty cool). Unfortunately, when we got to the island, we were surrounded by swarms of dead jellyfish, so we didn't get to go in the water. We did get some time to snorkel and SUP at another site, which wasn't the same, but still fun.I appreciated that the crew wouldn't put us in the water at an unsafe location on the islands, or at risk from the dead jellyfish. My two kids had a lot of fun (13 and 8). I would book with Punta Mita Expeditions anytime!

Date of experience: April 2018
PuntaMita_Expedition, Director assistant at Punta Mita Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Hello Rellumjp,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about your wonderful experience and our staff, we are very sorry that you did not swim where you wished but glad you where kept safe!
We hope to have you back at Punta Mita very soon and will be an honor to help you set the activities for your next vacation.

Kind regards!