“Great place for food and cold beers”

La Cueva del Pescador
Ranked #9 of 39 Restaurants in Akumal
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Great to come and eat, they have cold beers and a decent menu.
I hate the seafood tacos, they were lovely, the seafood was very fresh, my partner had the chicken Tacos, she loved her's.
We got nachos and salsa dips as well as some chilli dips, one was spicy and had a kick.
I also found out that the you can go sea fishing with the owner, at half the price of what the hotels and tour guides charge.
We went out the next morning and luck was on my side as I caught a decent sized barracuda. The guys took it back and cooked it for us, now I know why they wear the t shirts saying " you hook it, we cook it".
If your in Akumal, take a look at this place, Its well worth it!!

1  Thank ShaunMartin
Write a ReviewReviews (1,078)

Reviewed 29 August 2018

I ate octopus every day while in Akumal, Mexico - served several different ways. My hands down favorite of the entire trip was the octopus ceviche here!
The ambiance here is wonderful! There are some tables under cover - so the lunch time daily rain shower is beautiful while you're eating fresh seafood. The waiter named "Balta" is awesome, personable, fast and detailed. Get to know him - you won't regret it! All of the food is great here - try the grilled octopus with garlic. The salsa here is great and safe! We loved eating here after diving across the street at Akumal Dive Shop. This is the restaurant we will remember forever from our Akumal, Mexico trip!

1  Thank BeachGirl1271
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Went with a group of 11 and several of us ordered the fish and it was sooooo delicious, tasty and moist. Loved it! The only bad thing is mosquitoes. I had my repellent but the smell of repellent can overpower. Still food was great!

1  Thank Alexandra L
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Yes a lot of locals eat there. But honestly food is just ok. But it's nice to walk from the beach and have a bite to eat. Location. Location. Location.

1  Thank Alison T
Reviewed 7 August 2018

An unpretentious beach-type restaurant (but not view to the beach) with mostly seafood. The food was very good. Prices are moderate and service was nice. I recommend it

1  Thank GDAMexico