“Really good, authentic, inexpensive, and quick”

Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Akumal
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The quesadillas and enchiladas verdes here were fantastic. Also the melon water was so good. A small unassuming counter with also a couple tables. Great for dinner on our way back from Yal Ku lagoon.

1  Thank Sara R

Reviewed 16 March 2018

This lunch counter is our favorite stop for a quick and very inexpensive bite to eat in the Akumal area. The ham and cheese sandwiches on toast are delicious! Even the the french fries are good: crispy and hot. Enjoying an icy "limonada natural" is a refreshing way to beat the afternoon heat! We've only had blazingly fast service here, but we mostly have visited after lunch hour in early afternoon when we are hot and hungry after a few hours at the beach and no one else is ordering food. And if you have a car there is free parking right out front.

1  Thank colibriaudubon
Reviewed 6 March 2018

The Akumalito is an outdoor lunch counter next to Super Chomsky’s (grocery/souvenir store) in the center of Akumal’s tiny business area. It is not fancy, expensive or fine dining. It is convenient and has good food for reasonable prices. It usually quick in service unless it is full of people. I love to have breakfast here. The hue is motuleños are my favorite and the banana smoothie excellent.

1  Thank Bnosnews
Reviewed 20 February 2018

I, in my rudimentary Spanish, ordered eggs with cheese and beans. The waiter, who I need to say was the ONLY person I met in my two weeks in Akamul who seemed less than genuinely happy to interact with me, looked at me disdainfully and I retreated into English. The food was plentiful and good, the waiter was pleasant and even chatty with the other patrons. Perhaps I had said something insulting? Time to revisit my dictionary.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

At first glance you might not stop here but do it! A gem of a find! Ate here everyday on vacation, affordable and delicious. Simple and tasty with friendly service. You will not be disappointed! Pork tacos a must!

1  Thank coloradorn77