US$272
  • Pool
US$400
US$317
  • Breakfast included
Las Villas Akumal(Akumal)(Great Value!)
US$187
Bookit.com
Villa Morena(Akumal)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$78
Itour Akumal Villa Las Tortugas(Akumal)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$346
13,751 results
All reviewsdon pablohacienda sectiondiamond clubtequila restaurantsnack bara la carte restaurantsthomas cookfishgbp tulumbahia principe tulumtulum ruinsmain buffetdolphin poolbreakfast and lunchshow tablemain poolsmaller pool
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding in May. The wedding was lovely and the resort is nice but I would not go back because of the beach. It was very rocky, the water was not clear, and it was full of seaweed. I also really didnt like the view of the breakers off shore. It was an eyesore. None of this is really the resorts fault (although they could do more to try and clear the seaweed) but I go down south to enjoy the beach and this was definitely not the place for that. (Sunrise picture below shows the seaweed)

The staff in the reception area are not very efficient. Even though there are usually 5-10 staff members at the desk at any given time, there seems to be only 1 or 2 that can actually help you. Check out took forever.

The balcony was nice and it wouldve been amazing if it had more comfortable patio furniture so we could really hang out there.

Aside from that I have no complaints. If you are a pool person you will enjoy yourself.

Tips:
-the rooms in the buildings in the 40s are near a quiet pool
-if you want a nicer beach walk to the left of the resort for about 45 minutes to the beach infront of the Secrets resort (you will need shoes). The beach there is beautiful clear water and soft sandy bottom - see non-sunrise pic below.
-or you can take a cab to Akumal Bay Beach (about a 10 min $10 ride). If you do, be warned that you may be asked to pay to enter the beach area even though it is technically public. Pay if you want - we paid the first time. The second time we walked along the beach so we didnt have to pay.
-to snorkel with sea turtles go to Akumal Bay Beach but please save your money and DO NOT pay $90USD for the snorkeling tour. We went on our own and saw plenty of them. Walk towards the secrets resort (to the right of the “public” beach) and look for clusters of snorkelers as thats usually a sign there is something cool to check out in that area. You can rent gear near the beach but its much easier if you bring your own.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Amlaur
Management response:Responded 23 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We regret to learn about the inconveniences experienced due to the seaweed in our beaches.

Hope you understand that as a natural phenomenon, our hotel is unable to plan in advance a possible increase of its presence in the shore. However, please be assured, that we are always working to offer our guests a pleasant beach environment, and for that reason we are doing great efforts to keep the beach seaweed-free using sustainable clean-up practices.

It is fair to mention that our hotel have access to almost one mile of coast-line where our guests can always move freely and choose the better area to swim and access the sea. We regret that this unusual event may have affected the general experience of your holidays with us.

All your observations have been forwarded to the General Management of the resort as the guests satisfaction is our priority and rest assured we will be constantly striving to the excellence in our services.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us at our email address info.tulum@bahia-principe.com

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

This is the 11th time I have been to a GBP resort the 9th time to Riviera Maya with my family there are 26 of us all together this time, yet there was no record of this on the system showing only 3 visits. I had to fight for the gold bands which I eventually received only for myself my husband and my eldest daughter which entitles us to use the other hotels and 8 of my travel party who have also been to GBP Riviera Maya the same number of times have still have not received a gold band even though we were promised on our last trip there in 2016 that we would automatically receive them on check in the next time we came.
The other members of the party of 26 are staying at the Akumal which means we can not all be together as there have been restrictions put on the 8 people who reception have refused to give the gold bands to due to the hotel records not having been updated accurately over the years which is entirely their fault and not ours.
I first visited this hotel back in 2003 and have continued to come back with more and more people each time, my sister even got married there in 2009. The hotel have basically called them all liars as they do not have records of the dates despite the photos we have shown them of all the different years we have vacationed there.
I have experienced some of the worst customer service I have ever seen and I can say that they honestly do not care about us and our loyalty to the chain and certainly do not recognise it in any way.
This is a beautiful resort which we have been to many times over the years and I have made some wonderful memories here with my children and extended family, however there have been many changes in the attitude of the staff here.
I booked a table for all 26 of us for a 30th Birthday meal for my brother in the the Tulum buffet restaurant and despite having the printed out confirmation we were rudely turned away from the restaurant by one of the managers stating that there was no booking for us, there was no apology when he realised that he was wrong until I asked for one, following the embarrassment he had put me through, there were no decorations as arranged and promised by Faustino in Reception.
My younger daughter had an accident and fell off one of the buggies that take you around the resort, fellow guests were more concerned as was the driver but the staff who attended the scene of the accident did not care at all they were more interested in me signing a form to say that I did not require any further medical advice, nothing was even sent up to our room for my little girl as a goodwill gesture.
it is a real shame that the hotel have lost the care and compassion they once had, that feeling and warmth we used to feel while staying at GBP Riviera Maya the incentive it gave me to continue to keep coming back to this destination with my family. It is with sadness now that I have made the descison not to come back again in the future and will find somewhere new where they have staff that listen to and value returning guests.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank laraventour
Management response:Responded 23 May 2018

Dear Loyal Guest:

First of all thank you for your loyalty in Grand Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts and for choosing us once again.

We are sincerely sorry that your experience was not as you had expected. We will check every point mentioned in your review to make the necessary adjustments as soon as possible, as a company we greatly value the feedback which we receive from our guests even more when it comes to our frequent ones as we constantly strive to maintain high standard of service.

We will do our utmost to improve your next experience with us, if you can give us an opportunity to restore the confidence in our chain, it will be our pleasure to serve you in the best possible way.

Sending you our warmest regards,

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

This was the worst hotel I’ve ever stayed at! My Apple Watch series 3 was stolen out of my room off the charger and the security team was very unhelpful. They told me the investigation was unconclusive once and then said they weren’t done with investigation because they needed 48 hours. 72 hours later I still haven’t heard any resolution. They tried to make it seem as if I stole my own watch or lost it but I never even had the opportunity to take it out of my room since it was stolen the 2nd day we got there. I reported it stolen and it took another day for them to respond to me. By this time, I had already fill out two loss reports and found out that another guest next door to us also had her digital camera stolen around the same time. They were not able to accommodate me or find out who the responsible parties were. I wasn’t able to file a police report because the wanted to charge us $240 there and back to the police station to file a claim. And then I was advised to contact my lawyer to reconcile the situation because they weren’t going to pay for my stolen property. Not only was the public relations and security staff not helpful, the service at the hotel was trash. We were treated poorly by the staff. There was one point in time where I had to call 4 times just to get new sheets for our beds. Our room was not the greatest either. Our bathroom toilet only worked when we held the handle down for a very long time and our shower leaked brown stuff out of it. I’m appalled at the protocol the resort has for theft and their customer service. My things were never recovered and no solution was ever made. They basically said they couldn’t help me.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank khenry1124
Management response:Responded 28 May 2018

Dear Guest:

First of all I would like to thank you for your detailed feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel resort. It will certainly help us to keep focus on customer satisfaction and fulfillment of our hotel standards.

Regarding the situation described, we want you to know that we keep strict control of all incidents reported and in this particular case; we can assure you that we have implemented all the security protocols established by the company. Also, please note that all our personnel is well checked every time they are coming in or getting out of the Hotel, in order to avoid that items can be taken away.

We would like to make a heartfelt apology that you got the impression that our staff does not give the proper follow up to your incident. We will not attempt to excuse the occurrences that happened during your stay, but we do sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to offer you a more charming experience.

We hope to have the opportunity to change your perception in the future as we believe you will enjoy our new services.

Sending you our best regards,

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Aimee was my masseuse and she was amazing. Perfect pressure, quiet & relaxing. the whole experience was just what we needed after a long flight and shuttle to the resort. Highly recommend if you are visiting any of the Grand Bahia resorts - take a trip to the Tulum Lobby Spa.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christine P
Management response:Responded 22 May 2018

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing our hotel in your first trip to Mexico and for your feedback.

It is an honor for us to know that you spent an amazing holidays with us, and we were part of it.

Your comments are very encouraging for our team and give us energy and motivation to keep up great work every day.

We appreciate your comments about the SPA.

We will be more than happy if you chose us again as your holiday destination.

Sending you our warmest regards,

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel was absolutely fabulous!
Me and my partner have never been to Mexico before and had an amazing time here at the Tulum.

The staff were absolutely amazing! People say if you don’t tip they won’t look after you. It’s wrong just tip who you like
Edwin at the breakfast buffet was our fave I wanted to bring home haha.

The swimming pool has something for everyone there is parties to nothing going on and can be very relaxing

If you like the sea this isn’t for you. We don’t like the beach so wasn’t fussed but it’s not clear and has rocks not the best

Make sure you all go to xcaret that’s a really good park all day great fun.

Make sure you get up early to reserve sun beds!

Room was nice and clean and cleaned every day.
Fabulous hotel will defo be returning!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shelby M
Management response:Responded 22 May 2018

Dear Guest:

First of all thank you for visiting our hotel and for sharing your point of view.

It is rewarding for us to know what you spent a wonderful days of holidays in the resort.

We would like to express our appreciation for your comments and for mentioning our staff. It was honor for our entire team to be at your service.

We hope you will visit us again and we will do our utmost to accommodate your needs and make your stay enjoyable. ;- )

Sending you our best regards,