Las Villas Akumal(Akumal)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 20/07
Villa Morena(Akumal)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$80
US$69
Itour Akumal Villa Las Tortugas(Akumal)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$34
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$38/night.

US$511
US$414
14,565 results
All reviewspremier lobbycozumel buffetle gourmeta la cartesfishgolden lobbysnack barplaya del carmenquiet poolkids water parkakumal beachshow tablemichael jackson showmain buffetother resortsgreat resortactivity pool
Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Thank you for the most amazing holiday ever. We had a blissfully 14 days with you. Once we got into a routine and away from our her lag, we were in heaven. What an amazing holiday.

Not only were the other guests friendly. But I take my hat off to the amazing staff working there as well. We loved Barbara the waitress in Coba. And Ambar from the bazillion and Carlos. Your staff couldn't do enough to make our staff fun and happy. We're both in withdrawal mode. I have read a few of the review on here and can't add anymore than thank yoy. And well be back.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Louisa A
Management response:Responded 14 December 2017

Dear guest,

On behalf of our team we thank you for taking the time to put together the details of your vacation experience at Grand Bahia Principe Coba.

Your honest opinion can be a valuable reference for other customers who are thinking to stay with us, so we deeply appreciate the time you took to share it.

If you choose us again as your holiday destination it will be pleasure to serve you again in the best possible way. ; -)

Sending you our best regards,

Reviewed 12 December 2017

My group of 21 people stayed at the Bahia Principe Coba from Nov 29th to Dec 9th.
The Resort and Grounds are well maintained and beautiful.

The Rooms are out dated. That didn't bother me. It was the aweful smell that bothered me. My air fresnhers and scented candles could not get the smell to go away!
My clothes have been washed since being home and still stink!

The Food was average. The Jap and Italian restaurants were my fav! The Buffet had a huge variety but after 10 days you get sick of it.

The Negatives:
You have to take a trolly to the beach. Some people don't mind, but I prefer to be able to walk out my room and walk to the beach.

My daughter got hurt at the Waterpark and ended up in the Hospital. Sharp pieces off the Shark character cut her private area. The Doctor and Ambulance service provided by the resort was amazing Thank you! The private hospital in Cancun was also amazing!

The icing on the cake! All 5 children caught the hand foot and mouth disease. It is a highly contagious virus. That causes fevers and blister sores all over the body.
The pool and water park needs to be cleaned. Bahia Principe Coba please properly clean your pool water. Our kids have been suffering for the past 7 days and cannot go to School because of this painful highly contagious virus.

Room Tip: Stay on the Tulum or Akumal side of the resort
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
8  Thank AnitaCWoodward
Management response:Responded 14 December 2017

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your detailed feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel resort. It will certainly help us to keep focus on customer satisfaction and fulfillment of our hotel standards.

We are very concerned about the discomfort you felt; we thank you for letting us know your observations and we sincerely regret for have not met your expectations, We appreciate the time that you disposed to share your valuable feedback with us.

Once again we would like to reiterate our apologies we would like to thank you for having brought to our attention your kind concerns; we are always interested to listen our guest's impressions, comments and suggestions in order to continue improving our services.

We hope you give us a second chance to restore your confidence in our resort, it would be wonderful to host you again.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

I never write reviews for holidays but felt I had too write one for this hotel. It was my first holiday abroad with my boyfriend and my first time long haul. We stayed for 12 days from the end of october.

After booking online on thomsons website their website does not do the hotel justice at all I was pleasantly suprised by how much better the hotel is when you get too it. It is a huge resort with 4 different hotels. When staying at the coba you can use the tulum hotel which we did use a few nights for eating out and as their hotel is on the beach we also used it for the beach where an hours free water sports is included a day which was a nice touch, again not mentioned on thomsons website but a nice suprise!

Our room when we arrived had issues with the keys not working, our room was in block 6 so a fair walk back too reception, the man who took our suitcases too the room for us came and sorted it for us and bought us back some new keys within 10 minutes - however be prepared too tip as he wasnt leaving until we gave him some money!!

Our room was big and spacious with a complimentary drinks fridge filled daily. Our room was cleaned spotlessly every day by the maids. We left a tip a couple of times of 50 pesos or so which was gratefully received. Our rooms were very quiet most of the holiday however ruined one night by a couple next door arguing very loudly- so loud you could hear it through the walls!

The nature and wildlife of the hotel setting is beautiful, you are literally in the middle of the jungle and the wildlife is always around which we loved seeing something everyday.

The food was great. The buffets could get a little repetitive but that is expected in an all inclusive resort but the food was always served too a high standard. As we stayed for 12 nights we had 6 bookings at the many gourmet restaurants around the different hotels. This were all AMAZING and I highly recommend you use your bookings as the service and food was second too none in all of them. We went too the japanese restaurant, mexican (this was our least favourite), italian, mediterrean and gourmet which is in the tulum next too their main buffet, this one was our favourite the food was incredible and finished off our last night.

The entertainment programme is excellent there is something for everyone. They have a theatre with shows on nightly of a high quality free of charge. We watched the magic show which is a must see and the vegas show.

I would recommend getting the collectivo minibuses into local areas as it is so cheap. A long journey into playa del carmen only cost us 40 pesos each! We went there, tulum (which is not as great as everyone makes out but that was just our opinion), and akumal. I would highly recommend akumal as we went snorkelling and saw so many different types fishes and turtles!!! which was an amazing experience.

Our rep Hattie was fab. She gave a informative welcome meeting and was happy too answer our questions and throughout the holiday was able too assist. The other rep Robyn we didnt find as helpful when booking our trips but still pleasant enough. We booked coco bongos (which i warn you- you will get extremely drunk!!!! we had a really great night though and is a must do in mexico!), zip lining trip which was called pure adventure which was a great day out with zip lining, abseiling, cenote swimming, quad biking and more! We also went too chichen itza which was a amazing experience and our trip was very well organised so i highly recommend you book with thomson as the company they use for this trip are excellent.

All in all we had an amazing holiday and this hotel was second too none, the staff work tirelessly day and night and go out of their way too help you. bar staff come round and ask what you would like too drink, yes they are a bit slow at this but what do you expect when there is a full bar area of over 100 people with only one waiter going round asking for drinks orders?? We usually left a small tip too waiters who bought drinks over etc and this is expected in mexico so be prepared and expected too tip. The grounds are in immaculate condition and we were suprised how much work was always going on too keep the grounds tidy and maintained. The trolley buggy bus things for travelling too and from the hotels are a nice touch too save walking- yes at peak times they were a pain and one time we waited 30 minutes for one too arrive so they could do with a few more at busy periods but other than that we had no issues with using them and they were gratefully recieved when me and my boyfriend got off at the tulum instead of the coba after coco bongos as we were so drunk a trolley driver offered us a lift in the trolley and stopped right in front of our apartment block which was above and beyond and the tip we gave him was not enough too thank him as we probably would still be walking now if it wasnt for him!!!

Ignore the reviews, I am the first one too find things wrong with somewhere and there is literally nothing too fault here, there are always picky people you will not be disspaointed!!!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Hannah2894
Management response:Responded 12 December 2017

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Grand Bahia Principe Coba !

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in our hotel and we appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

Our entire team will be flattered by reading you had a great time among us and we all hope to welcome you back very soon, to pamper you as you only deserve.

We will be more than happy to welcome you again!

Kind regards from all the staff in Mexico,

Elizabeth Villaseñor

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Let me start by saying that Coba was absolutely amazing for our very first Family Vacation (2 adults 4 kids). We stayed there from Nov 23rd for 1 week and had an amazing time.

The pools, entertainment, food and accommodations were absolutely amazing. The kids loved the main pool close to the water park where the entertainment was going non-stop. The entertainment staff were incredible and always had people engaged and having fun. Rafael and his team (Erick, Alfredo, The young lady whose name escapes me, and the rest of the team) were fantastic. Incredible that they would entertain all day long at the pool and then in the evenings with either the live events or the outdoor stage. They are truly amazing and deserve a LOT of credit for how hard they work.

The pools were clean and beautiful and the staff at the main pool swim up bar were fantastic. Even with the constant flow of adults and children to the bar they were always friendly and fast. Jesus was especially great. It wasn't long before we didn't even have to tell him our order or ask for drinks for us or the kids. Amazing job Jesus.

The food was spectacular. Not one complaint from us (the adults) OR the kids. The main Coba buffet was our favourite spot. So much to choose from and there was always a table for our big group. I really can't stress enough just how good the buffet at Coba is.

The rooms were perfect as well. We had the Family Suite with an interconnecting door between two rooms and we couldn't have been more comfortable. Lots of room for the six of us and more beds than we needed. The master had a King bed AND a built in day bed (a real bed...not a cot or a futon). The kids room had 2 double beds AND another built in day bed. The room was always cleaned and fridge/water restocked. Our room was close to the main pool and a small fenced in soccer field where the kids would go regularly to play.

The Coba beach may have been the least spectacular part of the entire resort but it was still great. It was a short ride away and the sand was cool and white and the water beautiful. The only drawback would be the giant sand bag break walls that were needed to calm the water. But really....it was still amazing. The dolphinarium was right beside Coba beach as well and it was free to walk up to the fence and watch people swim with the dolphins!

It's also a short ride to the Hacienda where there were bars, a main stage for large productions (we saw the Lion King production and it awesome), lots of shops and a nightclub. This resort really had everything you could ask for.

All the staff at the resort were extremely friendly and accommodating and I can't say enough good things about this trip.

Pro-tip: If you skip the airline "orientation" that is usually the first morning of your 2nd day there, you can find all the information you need about your return flight and bus schedules in a room that is at the end of the "Premier Club" hallway in the main lobby just past a lobby shop and the side entrance to the Coba buffet.

I just want to add a special Thank You to all the staff mentioned in my review. You guys were amazing and made our first family vacation an absolute pleasure. The kids are still talking about how great it was. :) You will definitely see "Mr. Teddy Bear" and his family again. Thank you Grand Bahia Principe Coba.

Ian McCluskey

Stayed: November 2017
4  Thank Ian M
Management response:Responded 12 December 2017

Dear Guest:

We are delighted that you have spent your vacation with us and that you enjoyed your visit at our facility.

Thank you for your beautiful comments about the service, the room, the activities and our facility.

We are very happy you and your friends enjoyed your visit to the resort. It is a pleasure to read that all your expectations have been exceeded.

It was a great pleasure to be at your service during your stay at our resort and we are eager to inform you that all the staff mentioned has already received your congratulations.

Elizabeth Villaseñor

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Stayed here for 9 days and it was the worst trip I have ever been on.
On first impression the hotel seemed amazing. That did not take long to change.
I have never been so hungry in my life as I was my 9 days here, and I am by no means a picky eater.
The buffet is big, but it don't have much selection, just the same stuff repeated. The food was ice cold all the time, not matter what time you went to the buffet it was always cold. The service in the buffet was really bad, most of the time you were never asked if you wanted something to drink the few times we were asked we were getting ready to leave. This was not the wait staff's fault, this was because there just wasn't enough of them working.
The service at the pools bars was terrible. The staff were very rude, it was like they did not want to be bothered with serving you, it didnt matter if you tipped or not. When you did tip you didnt even get a thank you. The service at the pool bars was also very slow as they only had one person on and they had to serve the swim up part and the dry part, again this was poor management.
The drink were terrible. They were not consistent at all you could ask for the same drink twice and it would taste like two different drinks.
The food in the snack bars was worse then the food in the buffet, this I was absolutely amazed about and highly disappointed with.
When sat in the lobby the waitress would ignore tables even when she made eye contact with you, and again they only had one person working the bar, and he had to deal with the waitresses' orders and orders people were placing their selves, so again you had to wait forever to get a drink.

Overall I had a terrible time at this resort, and I would never recommend anyone to go there. It was 9 days from hell, and for the price that we paid we had expected to have a lot better time then we did. Needless to say we will not be coming back.

Stayed: October 2017
6  Thank Justine T
Management response:Responded 18 December 2017

Dear guest,

First of all thank you for your comments about your stay at Grand Bahia Principe Coba.

We really appreciate that you are taking the time to share us some valuable comments about your stay with us. The suggestions we receive from our guests are very important to maintain the quality and service.

All comments, observations and suggestions are welcome in our work team, they help us to improve the area needed. We really regret you were not impressed with some of our services, we have taken note of these comments in order to take proper measures to guarantee our guests' enjoyment.

We hope you give us another opportunity in the future to restore your confidence in our chain and offer you a totally different experience.