My sister and I surprised our mom to a trip here for her birthday. My mom loved it! We stayed in the adults only portion of the hotel. The room was massive, it was able to fit the 3 of us. The customer service was phenomenal as they dolled up our room on my mom's actual birthday and surprised with with balloons and champagne. My mom and sister had never been to the Riviera Maya and fell in love. They really enjoyed their experience.
I, on the other hand, have been to the Riviera Maya many times and have stayed at different Adults only resorts, so here is my comparison.
It is a hotel, within a group of other hotels and each one has a different color wristband. The adults only section is tiny, the pool is tiny and they only have one restaurant on site. In order to get anywhere within the other hotels, you either need to walk a great distance, or wait for a trolly or train. The rest of the restaurants serve great food but you will need to make reservations for them daily. The breakfast in the White Sands and Colonial is great, but very busy with families.
To get to the beach, there is a rock pool close to the adult hotel, but it is not an adult only pool. This pool however, is a salt pool with fish inside. There ate tide pools in front of it. It's quite magnificent. The adult hotel has a special sectioned off area way on the other side of the property, just for adults. I would suggest getting a ride because its rather far and the path is not straight. Once there, there are a limited number if cabanas available. They serve food (snacks) and alcohol there. The beach has several trees so you won't necessarily have a clear view of the water if you stay in the cabana. Venture out of the private space and there are lounge chairs and some palapas available, this is the money shot! Just keep in mind, there is only one bar at this side of the beach, the next bar on yhe beach is about 2 hotels down.
The main pools were large, only one swim up bar though. There are families everywhere so keep in mind that the noise level is high and there more children in the pool.
The service everywhere is top notch and the food at dinner was great. However, I would not return. I like my adult only hotels, meaning there are no kids anywhere. This hotel had great options but there were too many children and everything was so far apart. If I had a gamily, this would be a great choice with their kids water area and kid friendly atmosphere. But I prefer my vacation getaways at true adults only resorts where all of the options are near by and pools have several swim ups. It was still fun, but wouldn't return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TRS Yucatan consists of 130 luxurious rooms located in an exclusive area within the Grand Palladium Resort & Spa in the Mayan Riviera. Guest may enjoy first class facilities that include a private lobby with a bar, exclusive swimming pool with Jacuzzi, unlimited dinner reservations at the theme restaurants, private bar with premium beverages, room service, free Internet connection, bar service to the pool sun beds and an exclusive restaurant. For adults only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your TRS Yucatan by Palladium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Yucatan By Palladium Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Royal Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- TRS Yucatan By Palladium Akumal, Riviera Maya, Mexico