All reviews rooftop pool the owner luxury suite mini fridge fresh towels i highly recommend this hotel terrace room tile floors pedestrian walkway small pool flat screen queen size board walk beautiful hotel coffee maker favorite places beach towels
Reviewed 24 February 2017

We stayed here Feb.6- Feb.20. This hotel was perfect. It has magnificent views, especially from the rooftop pool. Watched the sunrises while drinking my coffee from our patio. The staff keeps the hotel very clean and shipshape. Tina (the owner) always made us feel at home and any advice we needed was always spot-on. All in all, it was one of the best vacations I've ever had. Definitely going back next year.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Tina S, Owner at Hotel El Caballo Blanco, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Thank you so much for your review. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay and we were part your "BEST"vacation!! That's wonderful! We look forward to seeing you again next year.
Happy travels,

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

If you want someplace to get away from it all in southeast Quintana Roo the Hotel Caballo Blanco is an excellent choice.
Overlooking a reef protected beach the natural beauty of the coast can be seen for miles in each direction.
The local seafood ,including whole fish estillo maya and Mexican lobster with all the side dishes and condiments of region are within walking distance.
The fare at the hotel includes breakfast and lunch service ,with a full bar, at tables on a semi private beach.
SCUBA and fishing are ,literarly, next door

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review. We strive to be perfect!! Thank you for that. We hope to have the chance to serve you again Jimi.
Happy travels,

Reviewed 7 February 2017

My husband and I loved our stay here and would definitely return. The room with the balcony was divine. Watched every single sunrise. Loved the rooftop view. Pool is tiny but still loved it up there! We thought the location was perfect...perfectly situated in the middle of the beach boardwalk and the hotel's beach was lovely and perfect for swimming and even going out to snorkel. We took advantage of both the pharmacy downstairs (needed medicine which helped me get well) and enjoyed the restaurant for a lovely breakfast on the beach! Both ladies that run the hotel and the restaurant were wonderful with us!
Our tip for travelers is to avoid walking down board walk when cruise ships are in. Also, let the vendors or restaurants know you're not from the cruise for the better price (in pesos).

Room Tip: Balcony rooms. We loved top floor for view but mid-floor has bigger balcony with lounge chairs.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for you lovely review. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure serving you. We look forward to seeing you again,

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

This is the fourth time I've been to Mahahual, and the fourth time that I don't want to leave at the end!

Tina again made sure that everything was perfect for our stay, although this time I was healthy the whole trip and didn't require anything from her onsite pharmacy :)

The rooms are always clean and well kept, with fresh fluffy good smelling towels (if you have travelled any place humid, you know that isn't always the case!)

I've always felt welcomed and safe staying here, and it is the perfect location for diving. I noticed some improvements since last year, including a new restaurant downstairs (which is open early for breakfast), and new tile floors on the huge balcony (great for enjoying the views and drying dive gear).

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a getaway to the Mahahual area!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Calgaryscubagirl

To one of my favorite couples. It's always such a pleasure having you both stay with us. Thank you for noticing all the details. We are always looking for ways of improving. Wait until you see the new boat next door!! See you soon!

Reviewed 29 January 2017

We stayed almost 3 weeks at Caballo Blanco/ It was a wonderfull time and we could not have been treated better. All of the staff was extremely helpful and made our stay very nice. Kudo's to Tina and Alex. Thanks

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you Stacy for writing a great review for us. Alex is really happy when he is mentioned. Thank you for that. He's a great guy. It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again!!