“Awesome. Good drinks, great food”
Review of The Black Pearl - CLOSED

The Black Pearl
Price range: US$4 - US$17
Description: Beach front restaurant/bar with an extensive drink menu served by one of the best bartenders in town! Buy an open bar pass, try our "Amberita margarita", cheese garlic salsa, ceviches, schedule a snorkel excursion or diving from our beach, go for a swim, use the free WI-FI or read a good book and listen to music while lying on a padded lounger. Do you prefer shade or sun? We also have live music jam nights and am looking forward to el primer Festival Internacional Mahahual: Cruzando Fronteras Mexico-Italia. During our temporary transition, we are referring some patrons to Oxtankah located in the center of the malecon. Snorkeling excursions start at $25 per person.
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Definitely put this place down for one of your evenings out on the town! You can sit on the beach or inside in the open air seating. They are located right on the main, touristy beach stretch. The food is spectacular. Make an effort to talk to the chef because his story is amazing and he's just a sweet guy. The ladies are lovely and give off a proper piratey feel. Whatever nights they have dancing attract a fun, unique crowd. All of the food is top notch and if you want a drink I definitely suggest you try a margarita.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

I, my husband and his parents cruised to Costa Maya for the day and wanted to get away from the crowds on the ships. I read about The Black Pearl on TripAdvisor and figured this might be the ticket. Their menu online sounded great and they offer a deal for cruise passengers. When we first arrived there by taxi, the street side isn't much to look at, in fact, you might think you made a bad mistake. But walk to the beach, and everything changes. They have great sun lounges, hammocks, palms and little tables and chairs. There is a lady there that does massages for $20 for thirty minutes, right on the beach, and she was wonderful. My in laws ordered lunch and it was a fish plate that was HUGE. They ate on it, then my husband decided to help out. And there was still a lot of fish left over for me to make a couple of fish tacos. That dish was $14, and it was plenty for four people, and it was very tasty. Great margaritas, cold, cold beer, tasty guacamole, good salsa, great beach area, great bartender, and wait staff, what more can a person want. Go there, you won't be sorry.

1  Thank Coldsdd
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This was my little piece of Paradise after walking the Malecon gauntlet on cruise ship day. Sat down here and did not move for two hours enjoying cold drinks and guacamole. They also have Wi-Fi. Thank you Sam for the great service and conversation. UnderToe Paddle Boarding with Carolyn is next door and makes a perfect combination for a great day.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

This past December, I spent two weeks in Mahahual. Almost everyday, I found myself at The Black Pearl! The service is GREAT! The staff is extremely friendly and always make you feel very welcome. Also, their section of the beach is very nice! It is always very clean and there are plenty of places to sit/lye on the beach. I would definitely recommend stopping by for one of their Amerita Margaritas - they're fantastic!

Reviewed 16 January 2013

My daughter and I spent the day relaxing at The Black Pearl while in port from the NCL Dawn. Amber and her staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. We set up on the beach while doing SUP with Undertoe (Carolyn) next door. Lounge chairs were very comfortable with ample shade available. All the food is prepared fresh daily with westernized tummies in mind. We had a couple of yummy from scratch Margarita's. (Probably the best of the trip!) Chips and fresh made chunky guacamole, and some fish and shrimp taco's. We even took advantage of massages done on the beach. So relaxing. All facilities were clean and accommodating.

Don't miss this much quieter end of the beach, and it is definitely a diamond in the rough!