“Absolutely terrible”

Kew Little Pigs
Ranked #9 of 18 things to do in Amersham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Kew little pigs is a farm that specialises in all things micro piggy! We are based in Amersham, Buckinghamshire, UK. We offer hour visits to see the pigs, pig keeping courses, spa days, agility courses and we also sell pigs all over the country!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Paid for the 3 hour session which promised feeding, grooming, mucking out and got none! Was told they had already been fed but they had one banana left! Asked to do tasks and was told there was nothing for us to do. Complained and they do not appear to care.........False advertising if you ask me

1  Thank looloo0909
Kew l, Front Office Manager at Kew Little Pigs, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear you did not feel that your experience was as it should have been. We take all of our complaints seriously and spoke to the farm hands on the day. Being on time for your experience is your responsibility and we cannot allow for an increase in time as slots are allocated. Regarding feeding, we appreciate you wanted to do more, our farm hands did say they were breaking at 12-12:35 and would then bring hay nets and brushes to muck out etc, however you left early, cutting the visit short. We have a lot of guest who choose the full experience and they have fun mucking out and feeding. We are genuinely sorry to hear that this didn't meet expectations.

All reviews
"couple of hours"
"bacon"
"great fun"

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

My partner and I had booked a visit to the farm after she had surprised me with adopting one of the pigs and booked a trip to London for a few days. We arrived at the farm by taxi from the train station and was greeted by Hope who had said there was another booking due at the same time so we could look at the show pigs by the reception or have a seat whilst we waited.
When it was obvious the other booking were late Hope started by explaining the history of the show pigs and then gave us a brush and showed us round the rest of the farm, telling us the names of all the pigs and some amusing stories, the care the farm gives to the pigs and explained how we should behave around the pigs for the best experience and then we were left to our own devices.
We spent around 10 minutes with gizmo who we adopted, brushing him and watching him with the other pigs before we moved onto another pen with adult pigs before going to visit the two pens with the piglets who were 8 weeks old at time of visit. This was such a great experience and so much more fun than I expected.
They were very interactive and soon crowded round us when we sat in the ground. They just love being rubbed especially on their bellies and lightly brushed. They were quite playful and so amusing to watch. We took lots of pictures and videos of the piglets and loved every minute.
I'd highly recommend a visit to the farm if you like pigs or want to interact with piglets. There is nothing like this up in Scotland so it was certainly worth the hours train journey from London to interact with the pigs and the friendly staff made the experience even more worthwhile.

So lovely to hear you had so much fun and that you had travelled so far to meet our family of animals! Gizmo had a lovely time and really enjoy's all the attention! We have lots of new events and experiences coming up over the next year and would love to welcome you again! Thank you, lots of love from the staff of KLP and all the piggies!

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I really enjoyed out time at the farm. The piglets were 7 weeks old and adorable! I liked that you could wonder around the pens at your own pace and didn't feel rushed.

I would say this was a spring/summer activity as I can imagine it being a bit miserable on a wet cold day and harder to play with the pigs!

Both the staff and our piggies love to hear that you had fun! The weather has certainly been on our side! Hope to see you again soon. Love the KLP team and all the animals

Reviewed 12 June 2018

I booked an hour visit to this farm (via groupon) for myself and my boyfriend.
The staff were friendly and first walked us to each pen to tell us every pigs name. Afterwards we were free to just wander around as we pleased, going to see/pet/belly rub whichever pigs we wanted. Of course the piglets were the most popular (and seriously cute) but it took us about 55 mins to do every pen, including sitting around with the piglets. Don't except the pigs to be excited to see you or take much interest in you other than occasionally sniffing/nibbling on your shoes or legs. Watching people trying to take selfies with them was amusing, as pigs would never look in the right direction, I also tried and failed lol. But they all looked happy and well looked after.
cost was about £30 for the 2 of us, a bit pricey for just petting pigs but if it goes towards their care then I don't mind.
Overall this is a nice way to spend an hour on a sunday, the pigs seem to enjoy the belly rubs and it's good to do something completely new and different every now and again. I enjoyed the experience.

Glad to hear you had fun and enjoyed meeting our piggy family. They do sometimes get camera shy, maybe next time we can assist with photo taking for you. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.