“Delicious food!”
Review of The Three Oaks

The Three Oaks
Reserve with OpenTable
The Three Oaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$16 - US$34
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Bridging the gap between country inn & local restaurant, this substantial brick & timber hostelry is a handy addition to the drinking & dining scene in this gentrified part of the Chilterns. The Three Oaks is an independent and contemporary 'Gastro Pub' where the kitchen & service sets out to please winning many Awards for their efforts. The Lunch set menu offer's excellent value (£15/19 for two/three courses at lunch and dinner) running alongside the fabulous A la Carte menu and there is a Steak Club every Monday night which is not to be missed. The Sunday Roast has also been voted in the Uk's Top 50! There's also plenty of good drinking on the Corney & Barrow wine list (look for Guy de Chassey Champagne, Archaval-Ferrer Malbec, & Michiel Eradus Pinot Noir from New Zealand) alongside local Rebellion ales on tap.
Reviewed 2 March 2017

I last visited this restaurant in July 2016. The food is very good, although the portion sizes are on the small side! A group of us had lunch here recently and we spent a very happy few hours! We had all planned on having the set menu, but several in the group decided they didn't want to have what was on the set menu. The set menu was somewhat challenging for me, but eventually I chose a type of salad followed by hake. Both were delicious and beautifully presented. The staff were very helpful and put up with the dithering over the menus with a cheerful smile! It is a lovely place to eat and no doubt we will be returning in the future! The set menu is an excellent price and very good value for money. The A La Carte menu was fairly expensive.

1  Thank LondonTrisha

Reviewed 27 February 2017

While on business in London, an old friend took me to lunch at The Three Oaks. I enjoyed learning the lore about the area and this quaint restaurant historical location.

I had the roast pollack which was amazing. The fish was cooked to perfection. The fries (I mean chips) were pretty good, excellent and crisp. We had some mix-up with the ordering and didn't realize the chips came with the meal, so we had an extra dish of fries that arrived. I carried those back to the office to share.

I also enjoyed the garlic mushrooms and had a bit of my friend's steak. Everything was so good!

If you're in the area, take a moment to enjoy this lovely spot.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

We have had several meals at the Three Oaks and all have been excellent. The food is "modern English" and the menu is varied enough to meet most tastes. The service (by mainly young people) is professional and friendly. We would certainly recommend it.

1  Thank logsieLondon
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Even on a Monday lunch time this place was busy. And it's no wonder. The set price lunch (around £12 for two courses and £15 for three courses) is outstanding value. The menu is imaginative and superb quality. A real gem of a local.

1  Thank Christine S
Reviewed 20 February 2017

I have long been wanting to visit the Three Oaks since my brother started raving about it last year. This can sometimes leadto disappointment but not on this occasion. I was struck by the calm atmoshere, even on a bustling Sunday afternoon. The decor and furnishings are suberbly judged but the stars of the afternoon were the staff and the food. The young team are well trained; attentive and knowledgeable without being too obvious. The pace of food delivery is unrushed but not slow. The food is inventive and beautifully presented, with lovely quality ingredients, including some home grown vegetables. I had the most succulent chicken breast quarter I have ever had and given that I used to work for a chicken producer, that's high praise indeed. I am left with the feeling I must return to the Three Oaks soon.

1  Thank sarayvetteclark