All reviews afternoon tea berry's restaurant tulip tree wedding breakfast wedding venue junior suite lovely grounds scones white company beautiful hotel country house cream tea no lift following morning course dinner waiting staff relaxing stay
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

The best hotel I’ve stayed in around Maidenhead by far. Lovely grounds, free parking. My room was Very clean, peaceful with polite and professional staff. You can walk into Maidenhead in 30mins or eat in the hotel.

Stayed: September 2018
Steven E, General Manager at Taplow House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear Dave,

What a great review and thank you for sharing your experiences. The Taplow team will be thrilled with your feedback and I will share your review with the team today.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Hotel was easy to find using Google Maps. We arrived at dusk and the hotel looked very pretty illuminated in the evening light. Staff was friendly and check in procedure was straight forward. Room had a lovely view out to the lawn and was very well equipped complete with a cafetierre. En-suite was clean and functional featuring vintage pieces. Overall a very pleasant one night stay for our anniversary.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Steven E, General Manager at Taplow House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Dear Jacqueline,

Many thanks for your review of the Taplow House Hotel and many congratulations on your anniversary.

We hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

We were invited here by some dear friends who were celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary. The Hotel is elegant and tastefully decorated. We enjoyed champagne on the terrace and a delicious meal in the evening. We stayed the night in our very comfortable rooms and enjoyed a good breakfast the next morning.

Stayed: August 2018
Steven E, General Manager at Taplow House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Brenda,

It was so pleasing to read your review following your visit to the Taplow House Hotel and we hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your experience.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful, relaxing stay in this lovely hotel. Our room was a junior suite and it couldn’t be faulted. The hotel has an ambience of old country house and tranquility. The view from our room was beautiful (even in the pouring rain).

There was a blip in the stay but this didn’t spoil our stay but I thought it must be mentioned as it is very important. I have a severe intolerance to gluten and this was made clear when we booked. It was also confirmed by staff on check-in and again when we sat down to eat dinner. The waiter advised that the chef was aware.
We had three courses at dinner and unfortunately I spotted something which I was sure contained gluten in the dessert.

My husband queried this with the waiter who whisked it back to the kitchen. He returned it minus the biscuit and no coating on the pana cotta as the chef said there was a possibility of cross contamination. As I had already eaten some of this I was instantly worried as I know I am very ill if I eat gluten.
It is worth mentioning that the waiter was absolutely mortified that this had happened and he was genuinely worried and caring. A very nice man. Luckily I hadn’t eaten any gluten and was fine but it could easily have been a different.

Despite this the dinner was delicious as was breakfast the following morning.

As the visit was so enjoyable I have still given it 5 stars. If a process can be put in place so this can in no way happen again we would love to return as we enjoyed the stay so much. We came away feeling relaxed and recharged despite the blip!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Steven E, General Manager at Taplow House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear Tristy5

Thank you for the 5 star review and it was pleasing to read of your enjoyment with your stay.

I will certainly discuss the gluten incident with the team as we are usually very alert to food tolerances and they are so common today. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

We hope to see you again soon and I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

I'm sorry to say that this hotel is no longer included in the tesco club card benefits. It is an amazing place to stay. Food is of excellent quality and the staff are friendly and helpful. We have stayed at this hotel many times and find that its an ideal base when visiting Windsor and surrounding area. The rooms are clean and comfortable, bright and airy rooms and free car park, rare these days.

Stayed: April 2018
Steven E, General Manager at Taplow House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear Sharon,

What a lovely review and thank you for sharing your experiences of the Taplow House Hotel. I will certainly pass your kind comments on to the team who will be thrilled with your generous feedback.

We hope to see you again soon.