All reviews for sunday lunch function room mini bar main restaurant hotel is lovely breakfast was excellent bars and restaurants afternoon tea from start to finish full english suite wedding brasserie starters alderley cheshire conservatory
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

My friend and I decided to visit the Alderley Edge Hotel and take advantage of their luncheon menu. My friend enjoyed his smoked salmon and I the delicious pea soup. This was followed by lamb in my case (a little bit dry) and pork in his case. Both were acceptable mains for the price paid but nothing out of the ordinary. We finished with ice cream for me and my friend’s cheese and biscuits with a port. The service was slow because of a function happening at the same. The waitress apologised for this and she and her colleague were very pleasant throughout the meal and gave us good service. Overall, the decor is good and bright; it has been modernised in a traditional way but lost non of its charm. I look forward to future returns.

Stayed: June 2018
John S, General Manager at Alderley Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear Stephen

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am so pleased you and your friend enjoyed your luncheon with us at the hotel.
I will of course pass on your comments to chef and the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

This was a wonderful surprise as we were supposed to be staying somewhere else and due to complications at the other hotel we were sent here.
Beautiful building and a very warm welcome at reception we were given a garden view room £128.00 for the night.
The room was beautiful having been refurbished. Large bathroom, great shower Temple Spa toiletries.
Decorations lovely very large comfortable bed. Tea coffee, hot choc, cafetiere with ground coffee and biscuits. Complimentary IPA beer in mini bar and sparkling and still water. Hairdryer iron and ironing board.
Great view from the window onto the garden.
Very nice bar and friendly bar staff. Breakfast fantastic. Cold meats cereals fruit. Toast, crumpets croissants. Full English very large. 2 eggs, 2 bacon 2 sausages, beans, tomato, mushroom, hash brown, black pudding and toast. Jars of preserves and sauces. You could also pay extra for a speciality breakfast eg smoked salmon eggs benedict The restaurant staff were also very friendly.
About a 3 minute walk into town. We had a lovely stay

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 43sherylw
John S, General Manager at Alderley Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear Guest

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for your positive comments.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, I will of course pass on your feedback to my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future

Reviewed 19 May 2018

For a birthday treat my girlfriend and I chose to go to the recently refurbished Edge Hotel.

The staff were extremely courteous and made us feel very welcome. We were invited to enjoy champagne before we were served with delicious and dainty sandwiches, warm and lightly baked scones with cream and jam followed by a lovely selection of cakes. The service we received was first class and I shall certainly look forward to making a return visit.

Room Tip: Great food and service
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
TheStanneylands, General Manager at Alderley Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear Sophie

Thank you so much for your lovely review, so glad you and your girlfriend decided to spend your birthday with us and great to hear you really enjoyed your Champagne Afternoon Tea.

Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 15 May 2018

We have always loved the Alderley Edge Hotel and with hindsight it could have done with an upgrade, but now that it has had been completely refurbished it looks wonderful. Bright, fresh colours, far better reception area and a really good feel. Our bedroom was large and airy and beautifully furnished. Our only slight disappointment was the breakfast which in the past has been excellent. The food took a while to be served and didn't taste or look as if it had been freshly prepared. A shame as otherwise a brilliant stay.

Room Tip: Room 5 was lovely
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caryn M
TheStanneylands, General Manager at Alderley Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear Caryn

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, however I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the breakfast offering on this occasion.

I will certainly communicate your feedback to my Head Chef who will act according to ensure that my other guests do not experience the same concerns as you have done.

Thank you again.

Kind regards.

John Scott General Manager

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely lunch here celebrating a birthday and wedding anniversary. Food was supurb . Such friendly staff. Nothing too much trouble. Ate in restaurant and coffee in gardens. Would thoroughly recommend it.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Helen H
John S, General Manager at Alderley Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Dear Helen

Many thanks for the great feedback, lovely to hear that you had a great time celebrating with us and I will of course pass on your positive comments to my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future