“Moderate ”

The White Lion Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Barthomley
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Good Pub Guide Unspoilt Pub of the Year 2016. Fantastic, historic pub that has recently become under new management. We have a very friendly, welcoming team and hope to make you're experience with us as great as possible. We offer fantastic home cooked food served at lunch times; mondays and tuesdays 12pm - 2pm, wednesdays - sundays 12pm - 3pm. Sundays also offer a delicious home cooked sunday roast with all the trimmings. Upstairs we offer a small function room, this can be viewed and hired, please phone the pub to enquiry
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I used to come here as a kid and love the place, always busy with friendly people.
However the more I have been going the less people are in there. The drinks are very expensive compared to other places, the food isn’t the best and is definitely over priced and I think they do need a change to the menu.

I come here with my grandad because he likes seeing his friends in here, however I wouldn’t come with a group of friends, as there is nothing there for the younger people.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Called In Saturday from start to finish food excellent and drinks. Not overpriced all very very nice will be back for some more. Thanks

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Everything you want in a proper pub .. good company... vibe .. beer... grub.. staff.. oh and of course roaring real fires anytime of year

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Forget about fake heritage and paraphernalia this pub is for real. Its hardly changed in the 40 yrs I've known it and thats all for the good. Wholly traditional, welcoming and generous. The food is the same even though it has changed a touch with the times. But, on the menu, there were 7 different dishes I would have been more than happy to eat. Yes, it steak and ale pie, fish and chips, steak, lambs liver, ploughman etc but its fantastic pub food. The beer isn't too bad either. In winter the open fire is so so welcoming and in summer you can sit outside in the middle of an idyllic village. Give it a go!

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

We went for a meal 2 days on the run and both times the food was absolutely beautiful. Really well made home cooked food. Staff are very friendly, the atmosphere is relaxing and the pub itself is amazing, like stepping back in time! The food was a reasonable price, came out hot and tasted divine. Best tasting meal you can get in the area. I would highly recommend this fabulous pub for lunch. There may not be huge options but what they do have is delicious.