All reviewsthe pubtrain stationsamuel smithlandladypintzoesuitechapelcereal
Reviewed 28 June 2018

After a very early start followed by a busy day all I wanted to go back to my hotel room and relax. I did get made aware that the kitchens were down but there were plenty of places to go locally and as it was the day of my stay and I didn't have time to find anywhere else I decided to give it a go!
I arrived to find a pleasant inn with good parking so when I went in I got taken to my room I was shocked by the noise from outside, the window was open as it was a really hot day, there were lots of people sat outside talking and drinking and with the noise from the traffic I was worried. I then put my bags down and realised there was no tv!

I was a female travelling alone, the pub was not somewhere I would have wanted to spend my evening and all I wanted to do was relax!

This was the last straw, I was lucky enough to find a lovely B&B 3 miles away who could cater for me.

Not my cup of tea and I recommend you sort out some TV's in the room as I stay away frequently I have never been in a room with no TV unless on a retreat which most people staying in an establishment like this would not be on!

Room Tip: If you want noisy with no TV then book
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank T661981
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here as I was going to a friends, the location is perfect straight off the train to the hotel. It has such a warm and inviting atmosphere. The bar was small but sufficient, the room I stayed in was beautiful with views of the gardens, lovely furnishings. Sadly I didn’t stay for breakfast as I had to get home, but next time I stay I will be checking out the menu :)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

If you are put off by thinking this is an old fashion Inn, don't be, the rooms are very clean & modern in a traditional style, the bar was peaceful & civilised later in the evening. Last orders is at 11pm, and drinks are the usual for a Sam Smith's establishment, very reasonably priced.

It offers all you should need from somewhere to lay your head for the night. Worth bearing in mind that rooms can only be booked direct, so don't waste time looking on comparison sites, just book it and look forward to a pleasant stay!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

My family and I spent a few days at the Swan Inn and loved it. The rooms were spacious and warm, the staff were lovely and the Sunday Roast perfection. Loved sitting by the fire enjoying a pint while the kids played in the lovely outdoor area.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Rankins_Au
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Had a fabulous few drinks and stay overnight, the room was very clean, fresh with modern amenities. Lovely friendly & welcoming staff. Also had a hearty breakfast & lunch. Everything you need is there and a short stroll into the lovely village where there is also a few restaurants and bars. Will be back.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple