“Great food and service”

Sun Kong
Ranked #15 of 22 Restaurants in Holmes Chapel
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent take away from Sun Kong earlier this evening. Lovely food, all freshly prepared and very friendly and ready at time requested.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

After a day toiling in the garden and dripping wet from the shower my husband and I decided to phone Sun Kong as we fancied a Chinese. The menu (new) on the website was illegible but I picked our favourites and hoped they had them, which they had. I asked for delivery and please would they put in a new menu as I couldn't read it on line - no problem! I gave my order and was told 20 minutes. 45 minutes later I rang and explained to the man who answered. He said it was ready to collect. When I said I'd asked for delivery I heard him say, 'some woman has rung about an order' . He told me there was no-one to deliver so I told him to forget it.
Never mind Zest has obliged and we shall eat Indian again. So very disappointed.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We used to love this takeaway but seems that recently its not great. Went with my dad and we weren't impressed with anything we bought apart from the salt and spice King prawns, which were tasty. Everything else was pretty bland. Chicken satay skewers very underwhelming as there was hardly any chicken on each skewer as shown in picture and the chicken was quite dry.
I don't think it's down to skill as we've had great takeaway in the past, I think it's down to time - I wouldn't mind waiting an extra 30 mins for good food!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Love this takeaway, we have one on a regular basis and are always pleased with the good and service. Sometimes ( but not that often) you may have to wait a while especially on a Friday or Saturday night. Prices are very good.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

What’s happened!!!!

Our last few visits have been...awful, I think this was the last time we will be calling.

Crispy Duck - not crispy and was like rubber, inedible, could not be shredded and ended up in the bin.
Prawns on toast - dry and tasteless, thrown
Shredded chicken - appalling, chewy, over cooked and reheated.
Shu mai - tasteless frozen, 2 eaten, 2 binned
Seaweed - not crispy and tasteless, thrown.
Chicken wings - thumbs up, ok.

Sorry to end our long standing relationship but your food standards have dropped dramatically over the last 12 months. I’m sure if you continue to serve food in this manner you will lose more customers other than ourselves.