“Best quiche in Cheshire!”

The Chocolate Box Cafe
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Prestbury
Price range: US$222 - US$1,011
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family run independent business. Serving breakfast, lunch and takeaways. Cash and card accepted. Free wifi We accept bookings and group bookings. Baby changing facility available.
Reviewed 5 February 2016

Having just returned home from another delicious lunch at this local restaurant, I had to tell someone how fabulous the quiches are here! Super generous portions, but we were able to bring any surplus back with us. Pots of tea served in stylishly mismatched china and the most delicious mince pies I have ever tasted!! Already looking forward to my next visit.

1  Thank VOC2014

Reviewed 3 February 2016

I have been using The Chocolate Box since it first opened it's door about 5 years ago. At that time I had a business in the village and used it on a daily basis and still return there at least once a week. Since establishing their traditional teashop, sisters Kate and Angela have developed The Chocolate Box into a focal point of the village life and community. Whether you are a visitor to the village or reside in the area you can be assured of the same warm welcome by Kate and her small friendly team before enjoying the wonderful selection of food that is all freshly prepared to order by Angela. I can assure you that any short wait will be worth it. Over the years I must have sampled everything on the menu from the bacon butties through to the afternoon tea!! I have never been disappointed at any time, either in terms of quality or value for money. My particular favourites are the delicious selections of quiche that Angela prepares. They are the best I have ever tasted and are served with homemade coleslaw and salad. Try a portion of the hand cut chips with your quiche. The biggest problem I have there is deciding what to choose from the menu and whatever the time of day it is always hard to resist a portion of the great selection of cakes on offer. A real favourite place of my wife and I. Whether you are trying the place for the first time or, like us, are one of the many returning customers, I am sure that you will leave with an overall positive impression of the quality of the premises, food and service.

2  Thank Jupeter113
Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

A wonderful tea room with a quaint ambiance. Tastefully decorated with wall furniture of yesteryear. Crisp clean tablecloths and napkins, lovely mismatching China.
A group of us from work went on a post Christmas afternoon tea to be spoiled rotten by the friendly staff. Everything was perfect, plenty of tea and coffee, constantly refilled.
Then when we were fit to burst, they brought out "doggy bags" for us to fill as we wished.
Great idea, white grease proof bags, so no stains on the car seat taking home the goodies. It's 9pm and I still have a clotted cream scone to have for my supper.
Excellent food and service. I will be back and bring my family

1  Thank Cathy C
Reviewed 30 January 2016

I visited this lovely tea shop this afternoon with friends from work. We had decided to treat ourselves to afternoon tea to cheer up a cold January afternoon. After hearing how wonderful the tea was here we were definitely not disappointed, it was perfectly excellent. Delicate china tea cups with piping hot tea, replenished the minute the pots were empty. Each of us had a three tier cake stand filled with the most delicious mouth watering sandwiches and cakes, and the ultimate warm scone with clotted cream and jam. Absolute perfection ! We couldn't eat it all and were given grease-proof bags to take the rest home. We will definitely be visiting again and would recommend this 5* establishment and the lovely, warm welcoming staff.

4  Thank susandbarton
Reviewed 29 January 2016 via mobile

I visited a couple of weeks ago for a birthday lunch, I had ham and cheese quiche with salad and coleslaw and it came and was a huge slice and was absolutely delicious, my friends had a panini and rarebit. The food and the service could not be faulted. With working in the village we have had many coffee and cake take outs from here which have also been fantastic, they even let us have our take out coffees in cups and saucers instead of paper cups!!! I have also been for afternoon tea here for my mums birthday and I felt this was great value for money with a gorgeous selection of fresh homemade sandwiches and cakes. I'll definitely be returning.

2  Thank EmmaSeldon