“Fantastic and Friendly Restaurant”
Review of San Marco - CLOSED

San Marco
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a family owned and run restaurant offering you excellent value by serving freshly cooked quality locally sourced ingredients in a beautiful and relaxed setting.
Reviewed 19 April 2013

My wife and I moved to Wheelock about 18 months ago and were happy to find this lovely restaurant on our doorstep. The atmosphere is so warm and friendly that you go in that it makes you feel like you are on holiday. The food is really nice and pretty cheap too and the wines are fantastic. The owner is a really friendly man who even gave us a free bottle of wine when it was my wife's birthday! I honestly do not know why some people having given bad reviews, as we go time and time again and always have a great experience!

Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

We come here regularly and have always found it to be great, friendly service. The staff are lovely and food is very tasty..
A real hidden gem and is a must go if you live in Sandbach!!

Reviewed 15 March 2013

This was my first time here at San Marco and I have to say I have to say can´t wait to return...place close to a canal ideal for summer time, inside you first impression when you walk in is that you have transported to Italy or Spain.
The staff were very polite and with a big smile at all the times and the menu not very big but also not to small just enough.
And finally the best part of the evening, the food! was a bit disappointing the size of the starter but when the main came in I´ve understood why the starter was bit small. OMG! My girlfriend and me when we seen the mains we were almost speechless...the size of the Calzone and the lasagna was jaw dropping!
So the final verdict:
Beautiful place
Good staff
Fast service
Huge portions
and the food was very,very tasty!
Go for it!!!!!!

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Went with the girls, had great food, three courses and drinks - great value and the ambience was fab - kind of rustic italian! the only negative is that the toilets were up a small windy staircase - so if you have vertigo - might be worth calling to see if they have a WC on the ground floor! (My Mum would not have managed the stairs)
Looking forward to a return visit with my other half.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

We have been going to this restaurant for many years, my whole family choose San Marco over other restaurants every time.
The food, staff and atmosphere has never let us down, we always have fresh food, excellent service no matter how busy. Excellent choice of menu, so glad we have a wonderful place on our doorstep. THANK YOU.