“Terrible food”
Review of San Marco - CLOSED

San Marco
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a family owned and run restaurant offering you excellent value by serving freshly cooked quality locally sourced ingredients in a beautiful and relaxed setting.
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Not impressed one bit needs to close and re open with a better chief and new owner. Would not give to my dogs

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Having been on several occasions now I am yet to be wowed by the food of San Marco. On both occasions I have found my food to be served close to cold, disappointing to say the least. The service as well was poor, with little attention from the front of house staff, who also get the deserts themselves from a freezer which is seemed to be located within a cloak room! Saying this, there is a friendly atmosphere within the restaurant. Maybe it give it ago and form your own conclusion? Its your decision.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We've been before and had a good old moan but held our tongue in the restaurant as it's the favourite place of our very good friends.
Major delays in service,cold food, no steak, no this, no that. If they didn't get the passing trade of unsuspecting canal holiday makers surely they would not survive. They take too much on and subsequently mess it up. The poor waitresses are thrown to the wolves and do their very best against all odds. Oh dear, I think it came to around £30 per head for 8 of us, I would have refused to pay.

1  Thank Peter J
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I had my wedding reception here in January 2012, The building is gorgeous, very clean, decorated to a high standard, lighting etc is perfect.
The staff were very friendly and accomodating to our needs and requirements, the food was perfect, not one complaint, good portions and good quality food. Nice choice on the menu for children, adults and they accommodate fussy eaters like myself.

Highly recommend and thank you for making our wedding night perfect.

I wouldn't take much notice of the poor reviews on here, they don't know good food if it hit them in the face, lot of local people eat here and all have good things to say, and importantly, go back time and time again.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

This is a pleasant restaurant, although draughty and cold with the door open. The staff were very attentive but, despite our group of 15 pre-ordering, it was 30 minutes before we got anything to eat and there were long gaps between courses.
My portion of Penne Milano was very small, like a child's portion and my partner's Vesuvio pizza had a base that was so hard it would have needed a steak knife to cut it properly. My sweet was two small pieces of plain cake, not homemade?, with half a scoop of ice cream. The quality of the food was good but the portion sizes let it down.