“Excellent place to stay just off M6”
Review of The Bears Head

The Bears Head
Ranked #17 of 81 Restaurants in Sandbach
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Bear's Head in Brereton is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed 10 May 2018

Arrived on a Sunday about 7pm. Room very spacious, clean and looked like a new carpet. Went downstairs for dinner. Excellent roast beef dinner with a very reasonably priced bottle of wine. Staff very friendly and professional. The only thing that was wrong was the glass shelf in the bathroom over the wash basin - far too low. Lovely continental breakfast the next morning with a good selection to choose from.

General Manager A, Manager at The Bears Head, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Hi Magzee, thank you for leaving us a review following your recent visit. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future

Kind Regard,

The Bears Head Team

Reviewed 8 May 2018

We booked a table here by mistake, we got our pubs mixed up and should have been going to the Legs of Man... when we realised our mistake we said we would stick to the booking as its somewhere we haven't eaten before and the menu looked nice. What a mistake it was, so disappointed..
The building and the inside is delightful, it was a lovely sunny day and due to this there wasn't many customers inside. We waited to be seated expecting a window seat or at least a table with some sun light...but we were taken to what I would call a snug, 4 tables in a dark corner of the pub.
My partner ordered the rib eye and was told it was off the menu, have a fillet instead for an extra cost ..oh and by the way this doesn't come with chips you need to order those too. In the end he opted for a sirloin that did come with chips. The meals arrived and the sirloin was a very fatty steak, my roast beef had big lines of fat running through it and the yorkshire pudding was so hard... I needed gravy to soften it (unlimited it states on the menu), I had a small jug of gravy that just covered my meat, I was expecting someone to come and ask if all was okay with our meals so I could have asked for more gravy...no one came and I wasn't going to wait at the bar and ask for more gravy half way through my meal so I had to crunch my way through the yorkshire pud. We cleared our own plates onto another table after we had ordered desserts as no one was forthcoming to remove them. For dessert I had Raspberry Milkshake Cheesecake, I was really looking forward to it... it arrived and my plate was so hot it had melted the cream and made it look like butter was swimming over the plate. The plate it arrived on was exactly the same as what the roast arrived on... so I assume the chef has just taken another plate off the warm pile that are for serving dinner on...not desserts.
So all in all not a very nice experience and we won't be returning :(

Hi Jojobebbo, thank you for taking time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear about your experience and we have not lived up to your expectations on this occasion. Had you mentioned it at the time we would have done everything in our power to turn your experience around and make sure you left happy. Again thank you for taking time to leave us feedback and we hope to see you soon

Kind regards

The Bears Head Team

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Part of the Vintage Inns group and one of the better ones!
Called here as it is near Somerford Park; the local mecca for everything horsey.

General Manager A, Manager at The Bears Head, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Thanks for your great review! We loved that you enjoyed your time with us.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards
Rachel and the team

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped over at this establishment recently whilst on a business trip. Rooms comfortable and reasonable priced, while the pub itself is stunning. Fined in the restaurant three times and thoroughly enjoyed the food on every occasion.

Thanks and well done!

General Manager A, Manager at The Bears Head, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Jim W, thank you for your kind review, your praise and kind comments about our pub. We are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at The Bear's Head!
We look forward to your next visit! Take care!
See you soon!

The Bear's Head Team

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Went to this pub today, bar service and waiter service separate. Chose bar service where you go order yourself at the bar. Disappointed at the lack of food choose on the menu would like to see more vehicles options and for sandwiches; cheese and chutney would have been nice for my mother. Ordered the cajun chicken pizza which was really nice.

I have been here many times in the past, i have to admit I preferred this pub more with its previous owners menus...

Hi Emma J, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied with your visit. The Bears Head is a managed house, we will pass your feedback to our menu development team!

We hope to be of service to you again in the future.
Best wishes,