“Loved It”

Price range: US$13 - US$78
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Your favourite Italian eatery… Christiano’s is a quality Italian and Mediterranean style restaurant in the heart of picturesque Tarporley. Here we offer fresh seasonally inspired food with the emphasis on sourcing local quality ingredients. Diners can enjoy a relaxing meal in a contemporary setting with a pleasant ambience.
Reviewed 8 April 2013

As we were staying in the Nearby Wild Boar Hotel (early March 2013) we visited the nearby town of Tarporley & found this Lovely Little Italian resturant, It was a Tuesday eve so not busy but the attention given to us with the service & the quality of the food was excellent, sometimes when you visit resturants midweek the standards can drop off as not so busy but this pplace is a gem & gets busy everyday. I thought it was reasonable value & the portions were good. I can highly recommend this lovely resturant if you're ever in the area.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

I have been here in the past and always enjoyed both the atmosphere and food, however the other week was a very different story! We arrived at 8pm on a Saturday evening to find just 3 tables, one of which was complaining abouit the size of portions. We ordered the Calamari to start, a pizza for my Son foloowed by 2 Seabass, which was OK but certainly not worth the £100 bill! Having read the reviews on tripadvisor it appears we join many in their opinion. I had to cook for my Partner when we arrived homw as he was still hungry due to very small portion size.

3  Thank leoped
DominiqueRose, Public Relations Manager at Christianos, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Hello and thank you for getting in touch. Fortunately I remember looking after you myself, that weekend was a very busy weekend for us and regardless of the other table (whom were regulars who noticed the size of the king prawns were different to normal and is irrelevant to your experience) I took your order you had a garlic bread with cheese to start and the seabass was served with pak choi and I suggested some sauteed potatoes to accompany it, you enjoyed your food and stated you were 'too full' for desserts. The only complaint you made to myself that evening was your baileys which I kindly removed off your bill as you didn't think it was a large (although all baileys is served as a 50ml) I did that as I didn't want you to leave on a bad note. It is only a shame you didn't say anything at the time. Please feel free to get in touch,

Kindest Regards
Dominique Rose
PR Christiano's

Reviewed 13 March 2013

I have visited Christiano's a number of times over the years (under different management) and had mixed reviews about the place. However my girlfriend and I recently visited upon our return home from a holiday in Wales. The owners and staff were welcoming and very knowledgable about the food on offer. The male owner recommended the fish to my girlfriend so she took his advice and she loved it. I had a steak which was cooked perfectly. The place had the lights dimmed which helped to add to a romantic atmosphere. Slightly pricey but certainly worth a visit. I will be returning in the near future.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

No atmosphere, only two other tables had diners on them which for a Thursday evening at 8.30pm was very worrying especially for such a large restaurant. I ordered a risotto which was served in a dish and resembled soup with a small amount of rice mixed in, not pleasant at all I used to dine here regularly a few years ago and was very disappointed at they downturn. Very expensive for very poor food, wouldn't go back.

2  Thank Jenny B

Hello and thank you for your feedback. I can only apologise that you found your risotto to be like that it is one of our most popular dishes but I am surprised you never said anything to myself as I looked after your table and you said everything was fine. We would have had no problem in changing it for you but unfortunately you didn't.

Kindest Regards
Dominique Rose
PR Christiano's

Reviewed 15 February 2013

Visited Christianos for Valentines evening, and genuinely thought it had changed from being an Italian restaurant, the meal was pleasant, the main course was poor, the chef who spoke to us was delightful, he actually asked us if the meat was tough, so other diners must have said the same. Poor for an expensive celebration evening. BUT! The most offensive of all....as we went to pay the lady asked us for £4.50 for the rose they had placed on the tables for the ladies. It was humiliating and crass, the meal was expensive enough to have allowed for the price of a rose ( which certainly is not £4.50) It wasnt about the money....it was about the bad taste it leaves you with to end your evening. Probably wont be going again.

2  Thank patsiefryer