“Attentive service and good food”
Review of Christianos - CLOSED

Christianos
Price range: US$14 - US$84
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Your favourite Italian eatery… Christiano’s is a quality Italian and Mediterranean style restaurant in the heart of picturesque Tarporley. Here we offer fresh seasonally inspired food with the emphasis on sourcing local quality ingredients. Diners can enjoy a relaxing meal in a contemporary setting with a pleasant ambience.
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Despite some last minute changes in numbers, the food was good, the service attentive and nothing was too much trouble ( don't worry about leaving the Parmesan on the table!).
Lovely calamari starters and very tasty goats cheese, spinach and pasta mains.
Super!

Reviewed 9 April 2013

A lovely restaurant, which is set out well, a friendly reception from the owner to start our evening. The choice of dishes is extensive, I was pleased with my choice of starter and main, but sadly my girlfriend was not so satisfied with her main course. This did not spoil our evening, but I will say I have had better quality for the prices charged, maybe it was just a bit of an off night for the chef. That can be costly though for repeat buisness.

1  Thank olimpilot
Reviewed 8 April 2013

As we were staying in the Nearby Wild Boar Hotel (early March 2013) we visited the nearby town of Tarporley & found this Lovely Little Italian resturant, It was a Tuesday eve so not busy but the attention given to us with the service & the quality of the food was excellent, sometimes when you visit resturants midweek the standards can drop off as not so busy but this pplace is a gem & gets busy everyday. I thought it was reasonable value & the portions were good. I can highly recommend this lovely resturant if you're ever in the area.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

I have been here in the past and always enjoyed both the atmosphere and food, however the other week was a very different story! We arrived at 8pm on a Saturday evening to find just 3 tables, one of which was complaining abouit the size of portions. We ordered the Calamari to start, a pizza for my Son foloowed by 2 Seabass, which was OK but certainly not worth the £100 bill! Having read the reviews on tripadvisor it appears we join many in their opinion. I had to cook for my Partner when we arrived homw as he was still hungry due to very small portion size.

3  Thank leoped
DominiqueRose, Public Relations Manager at Christianos, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Hello and thank you for getting in touch. Fortunately I remember looking after you myself, that weekend was a very busy weekend for us and regardless of the other table (whom were regulars who noticed the size of the king prawns were different to normal and is irrelevant to your experience) I took your order you had a garlic bread with cheese to start and the seabass was served with pak choi and I suggested some sauteed potatoes to accompany it, you enjoyed your food and stated you were 'too full' for desserts. The only complaint you made to myself that evening was your baileys which I kindly removed off your bill as you didn't think it was a large (although all baileys is served as a 50ml) I did that as I didn't want you to leave on a bad note. It is only a shame you didn't say anything at the time. Please feel free to get in touch,

Kindest Regards
Dominique Rose
PR Christiano's

Reviewed 13 March 2013

I have visited Christiano's a number of times over the years (under different management) and had mixed reviews about the place. However my girlfriend and I recently visited upon our return home from a holiday in Wales. The owners and staff were welcoming and very knowledgable about the food on offer. The male owner recommended the fish to my girlfriend so she took his advice and she loved it. I had a steak which was cooked perfectly. The place had the lights dimmed which helped to add to a romantic atmosphere. Slightly pricey but certainly worth a visit. I will be returning in the near future.