The Crown Hotel(Tarporley)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$96
Hill House Farm(Tarporley)
Rock Farm(Tarporley)
2,135 results
All reviewsice roomgolf tripgolfing breakrelaxation roomcream teagreat golfpro shopplay golflovely hotelround of golflounge barset menubar pricescheshire countrysiderestaurant stafffrom start to finishbirthday treat
Reviewed 11 August 2015

Room was excellent and quality of hotel very good. Evening meal took far too long in getting average food to the table.Had to send beer back. Below average breakfast just cereal and small main portions.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMMacPortal, General Manager at Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf & Spa.

I am very sorry for your poor experience. Please be assured that I have discussed your comments with Jonathan, my Food & Beverage Manager and he has arranged to meet the catering team to ensure your feedback is heard and that actions are put in place to ensure we improve upon our service and offerings.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2015

Restaurant, rooms, food etc were fine, no real cause to complain. Golf courses however were a disgrace and as a 'premiere' golfing venue that makes no sense. Quality course preparation and presentation don't live here anymore.

Dear Guest

I am very sorry that you felt the courses were not up to standard, this is a very rare complaint for us as comments regarding course conditions are usually wonderful.

The volume of guests playing golf has increased dramatically due to these great conditions and I personally audit the courses on a regular basis with my Head Green Keepers (Barry & Justin) and our Group Director of Golf (Keith) We do however take your comments on board.

I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 August 2015

As a member of a party of 70, it should not have come as a surprise to the hotel that we were all eating and drinking, food was over an hour late and the bar had multiple issues with draught beers !!!

1  Thank dennisg144

Dear Guest

I was sorry to learn of your disappointment with the delays you experienced at dinner. Unfortunately it took a while for the group of 72 people to all sit which caused a delay in the start of service.

Due to the delay and a busy restaurant service, this had an impact into the timings of your dinner. We kept guests informed and served extra bed to the tables.

The warm weather had caused issues with our cellar cooling systems which resulted in some draught beers being returned. We were more than happy to replace and offer alternatives on the night. I am pleased to report that this has now been resolved, however I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

My daughter n son inlaw booked to stay here a overnight this month through secret escapes, my husband passed away suddenly so my daughter asked for the dates to be changed to September. This hotel said no n that it had to be July ( my daughter was too upset to go then n was unable to get time off her work) so as a result they lost their money. Now as a large company with hotels in Scotland I thought they could have given another date n hotel under the circumstances, but clearly the idea of money for nothing suited them better.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan M

Dear Guest

I am very sorry for the loss of your husband, our condolences go out to you and your family.

I spoke with your daughter Justine yesterday and explained that the hotel were not contacted in regards to a refund or a date change, this was left with the third party operator.

Should this have been discussed with a member of my team then we would have been more than happy to change this date for you. Following our conversation I have emailed Justine and offered to look at a venue closer to home for her to rearrange her stay.

Once again, our sincere condolences for your loss.

I look forward to speaking with Justine in the near future.

Reviewed 11 August 2015

My self and 15 guys had a very enjoyable golf trip here and all were impressed.
We played the Championship course on Sunday afternoon and then the Premier on Monday morning which we all thought the better of the two courses.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review of Macdonald Portal Hotel Golf & Spa.

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and particularly enjoyed our golf courses.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.