“Nice but pricey”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came across this place purely by accident.
After having a stroll around the garden centre we decided to have a cup of tea.
The cafe is well laid out with plenty of seating and plenty of staff.
We decided on 2 scones with butter and tea for two.
Now I don't mind paying for decent food but £9 for the above is totally over the top.
I don't think we will be calling in again.

1  Thank FileyMan

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited on Saturday 23rd June. One cherry in the scone. I complained and this was replaced with a scone containing just one and a half cherries! I am not a baker but would have thought that to achieve a reasonable number of cherries in all scones far more needs to be added to the scone mixture. The scones are expensive and despite an earlier review nothing has changed.

1  Thank dacalderbank
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

although often crowded the food is good but a little expensive. Nice to sit and browse the plants or sit outside.

1  Thank ladygee516
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

We found the staff lacking in good manners when we ate here, no please or thank you and we felt we were back at school when being spoken to.
Food was served tepid and was poor quality despite the high prices. There were flies landing on the uncovered scones, the lady behind the counter just said what a nuisance!
We will not be visiting again.

2  Thank LancashirePolly
Reviewed 9 June 2018

The Beetham Garden Centre, just off the A6, is near the wonderful village of Beetham, and is easily found. The garden centre just gets better, and has recently been expanded. In the centre is the Garden Cafe. My wife and I have taken refreshments there a number of times over the last few years. We have taken a very good friend for lunch on a couple of occasions. We found the food there to be wonderful. I recently had an amazing salad. Our friend had her usual sandwich, which comes with a side salad. The soups, sandwiches, cakes and specials are well worth the money. The members of staff are a very helpful, professional and quick. The diner can, dependent on the weather, sit inside and outside. My wife and I (and friend!) have never been disappointed. If you are visiting the wonderful garden centre then try the cafe!