Grove Court Hotel(Cleator)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$75
  • Restaurant
US$99
US$96
All reviewsennerdale bridgecoast to coaststeak piepacked lunchnext morningstayed heregreat walkwelcome sightlarge portionsshepherds armsdays walkingthe pubroom was cleanevening mealplace to stayst beesguest house
Reviewed 6 August 2017

These people made you welcome, they collected us from the coast to coast path, they provided a cosy place to stay with delicious home cooked food& they advised us with route & served us with a packed lunch. The fish pie was delicious & heartening thank you. Geniune food served by genuine people.

Room Tip: The rooms & bar were exceptionally clean. The shower & bathroom were cleverly designed but tight!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Though off the actual C2C trail, the landlords are happy to pick up and drop off at Ennerdale Bridge. The hotel is very cozy with a fireplace in the pub (which was appreciated on a rainy day). The landlords were very friendly and helpful. They serve tasty, home cooked meals. Rooms are fine and have heaters to dry wet clothes.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2017

Lovely room with excellent amenities - loved the kettle!! Beds clean and very comfy, good sized bathroom. Great meal in the bar, good portions and reasonably priced, gorgeous steak pie. Excellent pick up / drop off service for walkers. Average breakfast, good pack up but no drink provided. Luggage was in room when we got there which was nice as we were to find out as we went on that this service is not always provided.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2017

With prior arrangement the host picked us up at Ennerdale and dropped us off next morning so we could continue our walk . We had eve meal there ample portions the fish pie was good accompanied with chips peas coll cheese carrots
Comfortable room

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2017

The Stork Hotel was a very welcome sight - after an afternoon walk from St Bees.

The very friendly bar lady at the Shepherds Arms called The Stork to let them know I'd safely arrived in Ennerbridge... and before I could finish my pint a tap on my shoulder from Paul - who'd whizzed out to pick me up. Paul is the Landlord at the Stork Hotel, and provides a free shuttle to and from Ennerdale Bridge.

The Stork is a focal point for its small community - lots of friendly chat in the bar. A good selection of beers, and some very hearty home cooked food. Breakfast and provided packed lunch were also excellent.

My ensuite room was comfortable (a single) - small room - but after my walk, all I needed was a good night of sleep - which I got.

By the way - the hotel has excellent WiFi, fastest I've seen in a rural Lakes location.

I recommend the Stork Hotel to anyone. It works very well for Coast to Coast walkers - with the free shuttle. It is too far to walk however - especially if you've just walked from St Bee's over Dent...

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo