Seacote Hotel(St Bees)
US$87
  • Free Breakfast
Queens Hotel(St Bees)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Stopped here with 3 workmates, booked in for 3 nights.....stopped 1! One of the lads chose to sleep on the back of the van!! Blood on the sheets, poor bathroom....and we are contractors not hotel inspectors Don't know what else l can say...l know we didn't book at the ritz but people tend to expect cleanliness even at a budget spot which at pushing £100 a night this isn't!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank medzPNE
Reviewed 10 July 2016

I stayed here one night in June 2016 before starting the Coast to Coast walk. The room was generally clean but the bedding didn't look like it had been washed in an age. The glasses were greasy and dirty. The cups and glasses had clearly just been rinsed in the bathroom. Breakfast was pretty poor and asking for a flask to be filled was way too much. I had to pay £50 for this place. It wasn't worth £10. I shall be writing to the author of the Coast to Coast guidebook that had recommended the place when it was under previous ownership. It isn't worthy of any recommendation.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed here recently as part of a group walking the Coast to Coast...I have now finished that walk, so I have the benefit of hindsight when writing this review a few weeks later. The B&B is very satisfactory and the host, Nicola, an obliging person...clearly though she could do with a little bit more help...or is that commitment to her business? I do think she could pay a little bit more attention to the room(s)...lighten them up a bit...otherwise we couldn't argue with the convenience of the location...albeit uphill from the railway station.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2016

Our group started from this B/B.When we checked in a man was sitting out side in vest and shorts with dogs about. We were shown to room that was just cleaned, room was dark and did not have a fresh smell.The pillow case was a sham and was falling a part could not bring my self to put my head on so put my travel towel on to sleep. Lots of mould in shower.
Breakfast was not very pleasant , when Nicola was taking the orders she was a bit rude . With all the dogs in and out the kitchen i could not think of returning and giving a good report.we were a big group and all of us that had to stay complained of the same things. Please Sherpa do not use this B&B again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2016

We atayed at Fairladies Barn at the end of May, our last night of comfort before starting the coast to coast. The rooms were warm and comfortable - lads of space. We got a very warm welcom from our hosts - and their pets - and had a brilliant (if rather short) stay. The breakfast was very good and provided all the fuel we needed to reach Ennerdale Bridge. Would definitely stay again !.

Room Tip: family room is up stairs
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends