“Great Sunday lunch”

Ranked #4 of 62 Restaurants in Workington
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Chef patron Warwick Muir opened Oily's in June 2008 since then it has carved out a reputation as one of Cumbria's premier eateries. The food is classic British with a few Mediterranean elements.
Reviewed 14 August 2021

First visit to this place and we were not left disappointed.
Good selection of beers and drinks ar the bar.
Service was good.
The food was very good, large portions and good quality.
Mixed grill was great.

Date of visit: July 2021
Write a reviewReviews (611)

Reviewed 14 August 2021

Went to Oilys for my 15 year olds belated birthday and nothing was to much trouble from the minute we sat down , their service was brilliant & all staff very friendly , the food didn’t take long at all was 10/10 and would recommend to all .

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 11 August 2021

First of all my food took 50 minutes to be made and then when it came it was cold and the meat was dryer than a nuns downstairs area. Furthermore when I confronted the manager about this she told me to buy another and that I could not get it refunded. I then ordered a pint of Fosters as they had no good options so I made do but when i saw it being brought over I saw the waitress taking gulps out of it and say “sorry it’s just been a long day”. It was 1:10 for Christ sake the absolute rat den had only been open for one hour. Anyway when I went to get up and leave one of the staff (who was the same one that was taking gulps out of my pint) pointed out I hadn’t left a tip…

1  Thank richarddC2378GE
Claire, Owner at Oily's, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2021

This has been posted to the wrong place as we don't have a female manager

Reviewed 30 July 2021 via mobile

Service was very slow,and poorest took 3 quarters of am hour from ordering to coming to table with no explanation as to why from the staff.
After the main course went even offered the opportunity to order a sweet.
Felt not wanted because we had a toddler with us

Would NEVER go back

3  Thank Lauraandpaulwilson
Reviewed 4 July 2021

Fantastic food, fantastic service.
Couldn't ask for better. Highly recommend!!
Huge selection on menu to suit every taste and diet!!

1  Thank lyn r