“Thanks Claire & team!”

Ranked #4 of 63 Restaurants in Workington
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Chef patron Warwick Muir opened Oily's in June 2008 since then it has carved out a reputation as one of Cumbria's premier eateries. The food is classic British with a few Mediterranean elements.
Reviewed 18 November 2021 via mobile

Visited Oilys (18th Nov). Food was delicious and portion sizes were great! Both servers were polite and helpful. Given the current climate we are in with a lack of hospitality staff, if think it’s important to give praise when it’s due- people are too quick to complain without a second thought! We got chatting to our server Claire, she was lovely and took the time out to have a crack with us, turned out she’s the owner, credit to her as the place is fabulous. We will definitely be returning, thank you!

Date of visit: November 2021
Write a reviewReviews (616)

Reviewed 15 November 2021

Hi guys, as most of you are aware, I am Blind and I use the computer with the aid of specialised audible assistive software but I will NEVER allow my disability to overpower my ABILITIES.
I work with a group called `Disability Facilities Commission who pay me to visit hotels/Restaurants all over the North West at the moment.
Today I had the pleasure of visiting Oilys,
Before entering and getting from a well laid out car Park both of us noticed there weren't as many obstacles as there are in other places, no obstacles to navigate like steps it was perfect.
I say pleasure because when we entered, me with my white cane and the wife on sticks we weren't singled out and led off to some far distant corner of the restaurant (as believe it or not I have been in some establishments).to be treated like some `Broken` customers.
No, we were treated with respect, the same as EVERYONE else.
We started with a hot brew to warm ourselves up - followed by the most delicious meal I have tasted in a long while.
The service was fantastic - the staff whilst not being intrusive were very friendly.
I totally recommend this establishment and we'll definitely be returning.

Date of visit: November 2021
Reviewed 12 October 2021

Excellent food and great service. If hungry, try the mixed grill. I have seen smaller portions of meat in Texas!

Date of visit: October 2021
Reviewed 1 October 2021

Went for supper with friends.
We all really enjoyed it.
Had a little bit of a wait, but other than that really nice meals.

Date of visit: August 2021
1  Thank Brenda K
Reviewed 22 September 2021

Visited this Restaurant based on reviews & was not disappointed. The Restaurant is well laid out and the staff friendly and helpful. On the day we visited it was very busy which resulted in a little delay in our meals arriving, but they were worth the wait. The food was well cooked and well presented with good sized portions. Can recommend this venue.

Date of visit: September 2021