Destinia.com
CheapTickets
StayForLong
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 September 2019

I have just spent 5 days at this hotel. To start with there is no porter. There is no wheelchair access. To enter the hotel you need to be able to carry your suitcase up stairs to enter, then steps down to Reception. In your room you are allowed only 2 small pots (1 tsp) of milk per day. There is no hot water to the basin, which has taps that trickle water (cold) out. Food is rationed. Unless you have soup you do not get a roll. There is no heating in the rooms for 6 months. The wi-fi is not free - £3 per day. The lift is only big enough for 1 person and suitcase. From the outside it looks like it did after the blitz. In very bad state of repair outside. Inside they are still on wartime rations - adequate but not filling.

Room tip: Go to another hotel.
Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 24 August 2019

Two star prices three star quality, Dated yes ! but clean and comfortable with good wholesome food, Stayed with David urquart travel , This hotel is a good base and very welcoming. As for our coach driver Dave 11 out of 10 .

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 16 August 2019

I have been recently staying at the hotel. I have booked superior double room which pictures were showing an amazing standard. Well at the end of the day I would never give this hotel 4star not even 3 star not sure who is allocating those to this hotel. Hotel is aged. I have requested the champagne glasses to be in the room as I said that I am planning to propose well it was not provided. The rooms in between has doors, yes they are closed but I could hear my neighbors whole night. The windows are single glazing and it was very windy, so all the draft you could feel in the room - we wanted to turn on the heating but it was not working. On the top the towels were dirty from the rust towel rack and pillows were dirty from the dusty wooden bed which was meant to be nice and soft as it shown on the pictures. On the top of that from 4 star hotel you are expecting complementary water bottle - but here not even paid for water was provided no mini bar no nothing. I was also double charged for the breakfast. I was a bit stressed and I did not want to look incompetent in front of my girl so when receptionist said you have not paid for the breakfast I paid again. I have checked now and my booking was including the meal. I certainly do not recommend the scramble eggs - it was yellow tasteless mash which I think 3 year old could do better - and it gave us bed stomach. On the top of that hotel is showing on the booking.com internal swimming pool but as it happens all facilities are next door so if you wish to get ill while transferring wet between hotels good luck and enjoy. Overall description of the hotel is misleading, the services as described also not very well educated so find yourself better place to check in because it is not worth the pounds they are asking for the stay. Please be advised wifi also does not work. The only good thing was the view, but this is the location benefits.

Room tip: Nice View but is it worth it
Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank mattliv007
Reviewed 9 August 2019

This dated, tired hotel leaves a lot to be desired! Stayed 4 nights as part of a David Urquhart trip, had requested a lower floor room due to 1 member of our party having mobility problems, we were put on the 2nd floor! The lift is tiny, room for 1 person and a suitcase, lots of elderly guests on the coach trip resulted in a huge queue for the lift, shambolic to say the least! We had a triple room, not enough room to swing a cat, very cramped. The interior of the hotel does indeed resemble an old people's home, the "lounge/bar" area consists of sofa's and armchairs . The food was ok, not a great choice of evening meal, but was edible, The staff work extremely hard, Clair in particular, she was the first face you would see at breakfast, and the last at night, to sum up, shame on these coach company's charging full whack for coach trips and using unsuitable budget hotels!! Would never use either again

Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank Heidi G
Reviewed 14 July 2019 via mobile

Stayed as part of a coach party, hotel requires to be updated some rooms have been done, food ok no problems, the waitress are very hard working, nothing to much trouble, could be a good business with new owner that can pour money into the hotel. For what we paid it was a good deal.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple